Below the Frame Season 3 Episode 1: Caroll Spinney Tribute

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the latest edition of "Below the Frame" with the Muppeteers of Sesame Street.

This is the first live stream from the shooting of Season 50 which begins airing on HBO in November 2019 and PBS in September 2020.

Below the Frame videos and live segments premiere weekly while Sesame Street is in production. Follow Matt Vogel on Facebook for live videos and updates as they happen. Matt is the host of "Below the Frame" while Stephanie D'Abruzzo performs the theme and produces "Below the Frame" extras when the Muppeteers aren't live on Facebook.

If you enjoyed this video, please like this message and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Seeing Alan as Caroll makes me smile. I'm really excited to see those bits from the retirement party.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow, they recorded the whole retirement party show (though I'm not really surprised). IF they put out a special DVD for the 50th anniversary, they should include some of it as a bonus feature.

I heard that when The Jim Henson Company honored Caroll Spinney with an event a few months ago, there was a sketch featuring a puppet version of Jim Henson. I wonder if the one pictured from the event is the same one. Could it have even been the same sketch?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
:laugh::laugh:

No, but seriously, that whole episode was absolutely amazing. It was beautiful, and it almost made me feel like I was there. It's hard to put into words but, I just love Caroll, I love all the people in this video, and the episode made me ridiculously happy. Can't wait for more Below The Frame!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Those retirement party videos are great. Big Bird's reaction to Caroll talking to him in his Big Bird voice was the best: "Hi, Big Bird! That feels weird."

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
My favorite one of the retirement videos is definitely the one with Matt and Eric. Can the two of them just do more sketches like that, please? Seriously, this is the type of nerdy content I didn't know I needed.

And the one with Big Bird's poem to Caroll, I think I could hear Matt getting a little emotional there in the middle.

EDIT: Also, I soooo wish we could see that What's My Line? sketch with Cookie, Ernie, and The Count, and the skit where Alan Muroaka plays Caroll. Really would love to see that.

Last edited: