New Sesame special, "When You Wish Upon a Pickle", airs November 10 on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Wow! I like what i'm hearing so far. Pretty unusual for Bert to have a major role, especially without Ernie, but i'm intrigued. This definitely a nice surprise.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I mean, it doesn't say anything about Ernie being absent, but I had to read that plot about eight times to realize how bizarre it was.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I mean, it doesn't say anything about Ernie being absent, but I had to read that plot about eight times to realize how bizarre it was.
It's a pretty odd plot. But then, last year they had a special where Elisabeth Banks turned into an elephant, so...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I can assure you Ernie has a role in the special as well.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I am sure Ernie will but, I am somewhat more surprised that Bert gets top-billing for once instead of Ernie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm, this sounds cool I guess.
This sounds so weird that it's normal.
Wish upon a pickle?

What's next? A potato? :shifty:
Sounds like the plot to Barney's Great Adventure.
It's a pretty odd plot.
This pretty much sums it all up for me right here. I don't even know what to make of it so far with a seemingly ridiculous title and plot like that . . . but it sounds like we're in for a treat with it, I guess.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
More info!:
http://www.sesameworkshop.org/season49/about-the-show/when-you-wish-upon-a-pickle/

Official description:

In “When You Wish Upon a Pickle,” a mysterious wish machine appears on Sesame Street and the magical pickle inside starts granting wishes. Before long, the gang learns they need to be careful what they wish for – especially when they find out he’ll only grant one wish per customer! When Elmo wishes to be a grown-up and run Hooper’s Store, he switches bodies with Chris. When Ernie tries to help his friend achieve his dream of becoming a TV meteorologist, Bert ends up trapped in the television, dashing from show to show. Cookie Monster’s wish for more cookies results in more Cookie…Monsters! Abby Cadabby teams up with her favorite storybook detective – brought to life by a wish, of course – to try and solve the mystery of what’s going on in the neighborhood. The adventure continues until an unlikely (and grouchy) hero intervenes!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I see Oscar is going to be playing a role as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.