Dealing with depression and anxiety

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Music is a good cure for depression, but you know what also really helps for me?

Singing.

Putting on some karaoke on YouTube and just blasting away my vocals.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Am I the only one who looks back fondly on times where I was obscenely depressed (like at my lowest point)? Combining the "Am I the Only One" & depression threads, lol. The situation varies for everyone, but there's something about stripping life to its bare minimum that is beautiful, though of course I wouldn't wish it on anyone or want to go through it again. Certain songs take me right back to that point.

My life is by no means perfect, but I have somehow managed to not be legitimately depressed for like 5 years, so there's that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually felt depressed myself last night.

I dunno. Just going out and voting yesterday made me think of how I was in 2016 and I started crying on my bed. :smirk: this is why I've been trying to get rid of anything that I obtained from a result of my then-current extreme conservative mentality; I really just hate looking back at those days.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Thanks. This is why I get kind of moody when voting week comes in every year. Ever since 2016's horrible election, I just keep thinking of how I almost lost a close friend because of it, I actually lost a friend I used to be close with, and how my personality completely changed that year as a result of the elections.

cjd874

Reaction score
Music is a good cure for depression, but you know what also really helps for me?

Singing.

Putting on some karaoke on YouTube and just blasting away my vocals.
Amen to that! I have friends who turned to music during their depression and they did a complete 180. Singing is really great :sing:, and playing an instrument like guitar :flirt: or piano :big_grin: helps a lot as well. Sometimes, I play my drums :halo: to let out stress or frustration. Wish I could play the saxophone, though. :cool: