Stephanie D'Abruzzo responds about Caroll Spinney

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, they're also long-standing legacy characters. Baby Bear's old too (over 25 years, woof), but I don't think anyone looks to him/remembers him the way they do Mumford or Herry.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, they're also long-standing legacy characters. Baby Bear's old too (over 25 years, woof), but I don't think anyone looks to him/remembers him the way they do Mumford or Herry.
And I guess all three characters get represented in merchandise equally (maybe a little less with Mumford).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's not much visually distinct about Baby Bear that distinguishes him as a specific Sesame Street Muppet when it comes to merch. Part of the "core cast" thing, to me, is recognizing that "these Muppets sell the most toys, ego show them more often than not."

Yes, there is not much Herry or Mumford merchandise, but at least if I saw a Herry Monster doll in a store, I'd know who it is. If a Baby Bear toy was moved from the Sesame section to a generic batch of animal dolls, he'd fit right in.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Far as I'm concerned, if Baby Bear is ever written off, it's no loss for me.

Never liked him or his awful speech inpediment.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I liked Baby Bear from Season 30 and onward, when they began expanding his character beyond his fairy tale feud with Goldilocks, and he became Telly's best friend, as well as an artist.

Speech inpediment aside, Baby Bear could come up with some really clever zingers every once in a while. I loved his remark where after Telly accidentally hurt him, and tries to keep a ridiculous amount of distance between, he tells Telly he wants them to be able to play together, "at least within the same zipcode."

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Oh, I love Baby Bear, don't get me wrong. It's amazing how much funnier he is just saying something advanced like "harrowing situation" than he was being the straight man to Goldilocks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Conversely, Elmo could actually be a lot more of an interesting and layered character when he ended up playing the straightman to Zoe, especially whenever she brought Rocco into the picture. It brought out a whole different side to the otherwise perpetually saccharine little love-bug that he is.

But I mean, the whole Goldilocks feud was just getting really stale after a while. It became more of a schtick than anything, and that was really making Baby Bear a one-note character up until Season 30.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Same, but he's working for Sid & Marty Krofft now. Victor Yerrid, too, for that matter.
They're both still Henson puppeteers though. They both had speaking roles in Happytime Murders and Drew participated in the Muppets' concerts at the Hollywood Bowl and the O2 Arena.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Have either of them ever worked for Sesame Street? I know Drew did for Elmopalooza