Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It also seems like Eric Jacobson very rarely does interviews, less so than other performers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Eric seems like kind of a shy person. I remember when he started doing talk show appearances with his characters (Grover, Fozzie, etc.), he seemed to hesitate and stumble quite a bit. I think even the 40 years book mentions the characters he plays being so outspoken despite him being so softspoken.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Eric seems like kind of a shy person. I remember when he started doing talk show appearances with his characters (Grover, Fozzie, etc.), he seemed to hesitate and stumble quite a bit. I think even the 40 years book mentions the characters he plays being so outspoken despite him being so softspoken.
Yeah, you can particularly feel a bit of awkwardness when he did Miss Piggy in his earlier years.

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually saw some pictures of the set for Season 50. They added some pretty cool things. If you look closely at the floor in the entrance between Hoopers and the Laundromat (I think) it says 1969 in the tiles, similar to how a lot of old buildings have that. And also, remember how Back in the 70s and 80s they used to have all those number stickers in the arbor area by the garage? Well, they’re bringing them back, sort of. But this time, they’re actually pictures of old cartoons.

Also, I don’t know if anyone watched Mickey’s 90th Spectacular tonight? I have to say it truly was amazing. It almost made me cry. They had all different kinds of celebrities paying tribute to Mickey Mouse by singing popular Disney songs, sharing memories, etc. I’m sure you’re gonna say, “What does that have to do with Sesame Street’s 50th Anniversary?” Well, I hope the prime time special that’s airing on November 10 of next year is just as good, if not better.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I didn't catch it, but I saw on Twitter they had him being John Bonham again for no reason:

I don't what to think of the redesigned head; in some ways it looks like at an '80s throwback which is cool, but seems kinda unnecessary. Like I literally don't think Goofy's head has been altered for like 30 years and it's a mandatory thing to change Mickey's every 10.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wasn't in to that special at all. Some of the musical performances were fine; half of them had nothing to do with Disney, and it all felt so weird treating this Mickey costume as the "real" Mickey. It's not like Kermit where he's an actual, physical thing.

SW can definitely put out something with more love and care, and not have anyone doing their latest hit single or promoting their new Disney Channel movie.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Disney's Christmas parades are literally hour long Disney Parks ads, but at least they go all the way and have the feel you expect from the Disney brand. But, somehow, adding all those pop songs made the Mickey special feel even more like a commercial.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I figured there's a reason I don't even bother to watch things anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually saw some pictures of the set for Season 50. They added some pretty cool things. If you look closely at the floor in the entrance between Hoopers and the Laundromat (I think) it says 1969 in the tiles, similar to how a lot of old buildings have that. And also, remember how Back in the 70s and 80s they used to have all those number stickers in the arbor area by the garage? Well, they’re bringing them back, sort of. But this time, they’re actually pictures of old cartoons.
Got links to these pics? Because I just watched the Today Show video, and I didn't see either of the things you mentioned.

The only noticable differences I saw with the set was the tenament door between the Laundromat and Hooper's appears to be now be faded and weathered, and it looks like they may or may not have finally replaced the brick wall (the one that was made from the side walls of Furry Arms and Finder's Keepers) next to Big Bird's nest with more stained-glass windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.