Steve Whitmire-Old Pictures (1977)

Becky Kraegel

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not quite sure where to ask about this, but Muppet Central seems to be the place. I have pictures I took of Steve Whitmire and his puppet Otis (from a local Atlanta TV show) in 1977. I have followed Steve's career over the years, but not like you guys all do, so I've missed chances to see him at Atlanta appearances. I would like to share these pictures with fans, as I think they may be interesting to people, but I'm not sure I should without Steve's permission. I'm also concerned that if people do find them interesting that they'll be copied all over the web. I don't know if that's a bad thing. Any advice appreciated.

Becky

Barry Lee

Reaction score
You should actually see about posting information at MuppetWiki. It's a very reliable source for Muppet information, and they'd encourage it! :wisdom:

Yorick

Reaction score
It's very thoughtful of you to seek Steve's permission! I hope you can contact him somehow and find out. Also, it's nice of you to plan to share the pictures with us fans (Steve is great, and I hope he had a nice birthday)! If you get Steve's permission, then the question of, "If they're copied all over the web, is that okay?" is up to you, since you took the photos. :smile: I've never met him, but I have a feeling Steve would be okay with you sharing the photos of Otis and himself; however, once again, I applaud you on your decision to find out if it's okay with him.

GonzoMan

Reaction score
He looks just like he did during his Muppet Show days. It's amazing how different he looks today.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

GonzoMan

Reaction score
That's cool. Maybe now that he's no longer with the Muppets, he'll have a chance to bring Otis back into the spotlight. Just a thought.
You know, I always imagined what it would be like if Kermit and Otis met, since Steve Whitmire played both of them. That would be something, wouldn't it?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the kinds of characters he gets to create and expand on now that he can pretty much do whatever he wants. Plus, he has connections, so you never know what kinds of collaborations could happen in the future.