Dreams about Muppets...

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have been watching The Jim Henson Hour online for the first ever a lot lately and the night before last one of the characters somehow crept it's away into one of my dreams in the most depressing way possible. I don't know why, but I'm assuming it involves the character's name:The Thought Lion.

You see, yesterday evening was the night when one of my friends on the Internet, Yellow-Spider-Kitty had supposedly died. I had been abruptly awoken by a Wiki notification of the alleged "incident" on my phone while I was peacefully sleeping and I couldn't believe what I had read. While she's confirmed to be okay now, you could only imagine the sorrow and horror I felt waking up to that horrible message. The one dream I had that night involved me in my room using a computer when all of a sudden that white lion randomly appeared to me. It started talking to me in a way that sounded vaguely familiar through it's use of words and attitude towards certain topics but I couldn't quite put my finger on where I'd heard such a similar style of conversation from before. Until one minute within my dream, a profound thought hit me. The lion who randomly appeared and started talking to me was Yellow-Spider-Kitty's angel reincarnated in the form of a beautiful white lion! You see, she is a huge cat lover and fan of all things feline related as her username clearly implies so it makes perfect since that God would reincarnate her as a lion of all things. I asked the strange lion who she was and her answer was,
"Snowball" (the nickname that we often give Yellow-Spider-Kitty). Instantly I knew who I was talking to and began to pet the lion's gorgeous white mane as it comforted me. The lion then said,
"Remember Gizmo (my nickname on the same Wiki), I may be gone but I will always live on in your dreams," as he disappeared majestically.

I then woke up realizing that what I had just experienced was far from reality and just a strange, depressing dream. Thankfully Yellow-Spider-Kitty isn't dead and I know that now. But I don't think I'm going to be able to watch The Jim Henson Hour anymore. Now whenever I see that character, I think of him as the reincarnated angel of someone I love who had died. Even though she's alive right now, everyone dies eventually and Yellow-Spider-Kitty is no exception. Anything that reminds me of the eventual passing of a loved one is a thought that is too much for me to bare.

Because of the recent association with her death I associated with the Thought Lion, I just had to edit a picture of him out of a video I'm currently working on today because people wouldn't understand why I would suddenly start crying every time I watch one of my videos just because of a puppet lion. Because honestly, even editing the character out of the video was hard for me. It led to more tears than I would like to admit.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A few nights ago I dreamt that I was given access to the trusted sources that a handful of Muppet Wiki users have had in contributing Sesame Street episode guides, it was fun looking at some of the scripts before full rundowns were edited onto the wiki. But unfortunately, I was allowed to look at these on the condition that I don't edit/create any Sesame Street pages with the script info.

Also in my dream, the scripts were presented as computer file scans, which I've suspected has been the case with these trusted sources (I think I've seen some discussion about them that suggest they were looking into a digital database but am not really sure).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I was looking in a book that included some pictures of scenes that are clearly from the first season of Sesame Street but the sketches haven't surfaced online or in fans collections, but I was able to identify some of the sketches with things I read about online. Most of them showed Ernie in apron at a cook-out with some random Anything Muppets in the background (which doesn't match with any first season segments I've actually heard of but in the dream I had heard of some such scene).

DMHFan

Reaction score
I had a dream that all 5 seasons of The Muppet Show were released on DVD and uncut. (Don't hate me for this.)

Also, in my dream, they had all 120 promos remastered as bonus features.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I dreamed there was going to be a new Sesame Street DVD themed around Sesame Street News.... While also containing some non-news pieces.

The cover only had a small circular image of Kermit in the middle, along with multiple images from multiple sketches, leaving Kermit out of those particular pics. Pinocchio is the only specific one I remember, but quite a few of the pics were not from Sesame Street News and most were from more recent years (though I think the segments only existed in my dream), plus a few of the images listed some of the things that would be included, with a mention of only 17 segments included. But it also mentioned having a small selection of things that are not only Sesame Street News, but not from Sesame Street at all, such as two Looney Tunes shorts and the special It Was a Short Summer, Charlie Brown (it's as if Warner Home Video still had the video rights in my dream).

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
There was a part in my dream last night where I was playing with Kermit and Oscar hand puppets.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Speaking of which, it's too bad they had little to no interaction.

The only time I can think of them having screentime together is the Put Down the Ducky special.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Last night I dreamed that the 2015 show, for whatever reason, would keep flipping back and forth between puppetry and animation, and I remember prefering the animated sequences over the puppetry sequences, because the animation was so smooth and fluid . . . oh, and it was hand-drawn/2D animation as well. And some of the facial expressions and reactions were hilarious in animation as well - I remember the highly exaggerated reactions from the usually chill Zoot and Janice when Miss Piggy's tail was accidentally exposed.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Last night, I had a dream that I found a very odd Sesame Street animated short on YouTube.

In the dream, I found a compilation full of Sesame Street skits. They were mainly just your average popular ones like C is for Cookie, Rubber Duckie, the pinball number count, The Ladybug's Picnic, etc. but I remember stumbling upon this one extremely bizarre cartoon in the dream playlist as well. It was about a cartoon kid eating a sandwich when all of a sudden a human skull pops out of the sandwich and starts levitating. The skull then flies over the camera and says something (I can't remember what he said because I often have a hard time recalling little details from my dreams).

Isn't that just crazy? The part that I find to be most weird however is the fact that every other sketch I saw in that fake playlist was a real, legit Sesame Street sketch that exists in our world. The only made up one was that strange animation that my mind somehow came up with. The subconscious mind certainly comes up with something incredibly weird ideas sometimes, doesn't it? :batty:.