The Muppet Central Mysteries

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see the older members coming back and seeing how much the place change. Though Iam positive that they will be annoyed by some of the freakout like the Sesame hunans leaving.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I mean, a lot of them still keep up with what's happening, usually via whatever ToughPigs or other sources report.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Here's the real muppet central mystery

just what is Sarge?

Is it even real at this point? Or just an enigma produced from all of us slowly losing our sanity

*cough*

In all seriousness though this was an interesting read. I don't remember most of this so I must not have been around when it happened, or was just blissfully unaware of it

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think the latter, because yeah, you were around when some of it was happening (well, except for TA, that was before your time).

And we all know by now you're a sexually ambiguous, gender-fluid, shape-shifting, gravity-defying, time-traveling, all-powerful demon thingy.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hey, there's another one of the old gang! Hey Sarge!
Well, major muppet news is easy enough to keep up with, but let's be honest. That's not what made this place special. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, and I know some others, there was a really tight, family feel to our group. I have nothing against new members, we were all new at one time and when we first joined everyone was new to us, but I'm happy to see the old members from my generation and before. "Old friends, new friends." Isn't that part of what the muppets have always been about? I've come back to renew old friendships, and hopefully form new ones as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still think a lot of it is because social media wasn't really a thing back in those days. I mean yeah, Myspace existed, but that's about it. There was no Facebook, no Twitter, no tumblr, no Instagram, no Discord, or anything like that, so the only way you could really connect with other people was through fan forums.

I still remember MC being the only forum out there where I felt I really fit in with everybody else, which is why before TA joined and coaxed us all out of our shells, I really was far more elusive and shy around here. Prior to MC, I belonged to a few other forums, one of which was the old ToonZone forums, and they really had a lot of condescending people over there who liked to make you feel like a retard over petty little things. I also belonged to a forum specifically for COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG, but it was a really small forum, and it was more like an old-fashioned discussion group (like Yahoo! used to have) rather than a community forum. And, of course, IMDb, but, well, we all know how that turned out.

I think this is why MC will never, ever have that true sense of tight-knit, close community again. There's too many other options out there and ways of connecting with other people that share your interests, it's a wonder that any forums at all are still alive and functioning out there. Plus, I think it's also generation as well: the current generation doesn't know what it's like to not have social media, and forums were the only way of connecting back then.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well I agree with you about it being generational, and about social media having a lot to do with things. But I still think there's an important difference between something like this and something like Facebook. Even though I still like Facebook and Twitter and won't be giving them up any time soon, I believe forums like this are better for real connections. There's a longer explanation of why that I might go into at a later time, but my point here is that I'm an eternal optimist, and I think MC can be, if not exactly what it was back then, than at least something better than what it has been at recent low points in its history.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think the latter, because yeah, you were around when some of it was happening (well, except for TA, that was before your time).
probably. i mean i was probably about 14 when i joined which...is really scary to think about. i guess i had no reason to pay attention to relationships of other members, nor was i at an age that even cared lol

And we all know by now you're a sexually ambiguous, gender-fluid, shape-shifting, gravity-defying, time-traveling, all-powerful demon thingy.
apparently theres a word for that and it's called being eldritch
but i take offense to that as i do not have tentacles. they are tendrils. there is a difference >:stick_out_tongue:

MWoO

Reaction score
Wow; is that the extent of the work you did for them?
Yep. I was 19 and doing nothing with my life and asked Ken if i could sculpt something for the line. He said to go ahead and do it and if he liked it he would use it. At the time I was doing sculpey custom figures that were ok, but far from professional quality. I worked day and night on a Muppet cabbage and sent him pics and he was so happy with it he let me choose 2 other Muppet food items to make so I did the eggplant and scallions. He said he would find a place to squeeze them into the line and they ended up in the best possible figure, Rainbow Connection Kermit. He also put the eggplant with Scout Master Kermit. At the time I didn't really appreciate what he did, but now I do. Ken was an awesome guy and its a shame that Palisades went belly up and that his follow up company Creatus Maximus didn't work out. I am convinced that Palisades' Sesame Street line would have sold better than their Muppet line.

I didn't art though and instead went into retail management. It kind of rewired my thinking and now creating stuff seems so much harder. When I was let go a few months ago I challenged myself to finish the Fozzie figure I started, and I did. But lack of interest demotivated me from doing other stuff.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yep. I was 19 and doing nothing with my life and asked Ken if i could sculpt something for the line. He said to go ahead and do it and if he liked it he would use it. At the time I was doing sculpey custom figures that were ok, but far from professional quality. I worked day and night on a Muppet cabbage and sent him pics and he was so happy with it he let me choose 2 other Muppet food items to make so I did the eggplant and scallions. He said he would find a place to squeeze them into the line and they ended up in the best possible figure, Rainbow Connection Kermit. He also put the eggplant with Scout Master Kermit. At the time I didn't really appreciate what he did, but now I do. Ken was an awesome guy and its a shame that Palisades went belly up and that his follow up company Creatus Maximus didn't work out. I am convinced that Palisades' Sesame Street line would have sold better than their Muppet line.

I didn't art though and instead went into retail management. It kind of rewired my thinking and now creating stuff seems so much harder. When I was let go a few months ago I challenged myself to finish the Fozzie figure I started, and I did. But lack of interest demotivated me from doing other stuff.
omg you are a savant haha... 19, unemployed and casually making sculpts for the legendary Palisades line. :smile: