Pet Peeves

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yup!

By the way, unrelated but can I just say I love your Lefty avatar?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I was just trying to listen to a playlist that someone made, but it told me to disable AdBlock in order for me to do that.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I hate it when clueless parents on Amazon write 1 star reviews of kids movies because their baby or very young child couldn't sit still for the movie, or got bored and did something else.

Like, HELLO? Of course they wouldn't watch the movie, they're too young. Most children under the age of 3 aren't intrested in watching full-length movies, because their attention spans aren't that developed yet.

I see these reviews on Sesame Street videos a lot (especially the older ones without Elmo) and they annoy me so much.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Some of those reviews just make me laugh.

For instance - I saw a couple bad reviews for certain Thomas the Tank Engine videos back in the Shining Time Station days simply because they say some "bad words" (mainly "shut up" and "stupid") or that "the engines are mean to each other" (um, no ****. The books were intended to be family friendly that everyone could enjoy them).

The only one I will give some credit for is mentioning the episode "Toad Stands By" on the Thomas and the Special Letter VHS being frightening for small viewers (the part where Oliver pulls Scruffy apart by accident; that was pretty terrifying when I first saw the episode as a kid), but even then, it eventually goes away if you kept rewatching it.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Now it's time for, my pet's pet peeves

Lakota Sioux (Female Rottweiler):

1. She generally loves everyone but if you so much as a lay a paw on her beloved feline friend Chyanne, she will growl like a h***hound at you.

2. Thunder storms. She has a serious phobia of them and will always jump into my lap every time a storm starts up.

3. Fireworks. This goes back to her fear of thunderstorms.

4. Not getting a bath. Yup, you read correctly. Lakota loves baths. She looks forward to them because for some odd reason, she is one of the only dogs I've ever known who thinks it's fun to be wet.

Buster (Male Pitbull puppy):

1. Not getting any attention. He is a very playful, affectionate little dog and has that adorable puppy mentality about him where he constantly demands our love and attention 24/7.

2. Chickens. After getting in trouble for eating two of the chickens we're raising, he's had a bit of problem controlling himself around those feathered fowls ever since. Chickens aren't exactly a pet peeve per say but are a serious temptation for Buster.

3. Blankets. We tried to put one of my old, used baby blankets on Buster once and he hated it. We walked outside and that thing was ripped to shreds an hour later. Either he didn't like the feeling of having a blanket on him or maybe he was just hungry. I'm not exactly sure.

Chyanne (Female grey cat):

1. Other cats. Just like Buster, she is an attention hog who has a bad habit of competing with her fellow felines for her owner's affection.

2. Getting wet. She's a cat, this one should go without saying.

3. Being put on a leash. I've never tried this out but she is a cat after all, so I think it's safe to say that I would end up with my eyes clawed out afterwards.

4. Stop-motion animation. I once watched an episode of Robot Chicken with Chyanne curled in my lap and she started acting scared. Either the TV's light and sound were overstimulating to her or she has that commonly known human fear related to the strange idea of dolls coming to live. I'm not sure which, but I completely understand both reasons.

Spot (Fluffy calico female cat):

1. Attention. She prefers to be alone with me (her favorite person) versus being crowded by other people.

2. Any type of food that isn't traditional dry cat food. She won't even eat fish for crying out loud. Is she REALLY as normal cat?

3. Milk. Just like non-cat food dishes, it really grosses her out.

4. Having her belly rubbed. Over time, I've come to the conclusion that when she flops over on her back she is NOT under any circumstances asking me to rub her belly. You know how I figured that out? She bit me on the finger directly after I did that one time. Learned that lesson the hard way, didn't I?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
When people have to remind you of something they already know you know the answer to.

For example: Last year when I tried applying for a video job at a TV studio that's pretty local to my home town, the woman that was supposed to interview me wasn't there (which I was REALLY ****** about), I came back home in a really ****** mood and my dad was wondering what was going on and I told him that the woman wasn't there, to which he suggested I should email her to which I told him I was. And he brings this up.

"And you know not to say stuff like 'hey, what the **** was going on?! Where were you???"

Me: Yeah, I know.

*Inside my head* NOOOOOO..... NO, I WOULDN'T HAVE ******* GUESSED! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POINTING OUT SUCH HELPFUL INFORMATION, CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! :rolleyes:

That's how much of an ***hole I can be in my own mind when I'm super ****** off.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know I brought this up before, but it bears repeating: one of my biggest pet peeves (and I wonder if this irks 1,000 Eyes as well) is when people shorten and abbreviate words - like "choc" or "chocolate," for example.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Having a dream of a deceased loved one.

Cause it's basically a reminder that you'll never see them again. :smirk: