Questions about anything

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Am I weird for thinking Robot Jones is adorable?

Just look at him!

Don't you just wanna hug the little robot? I know I do. :big_grin:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Just what are elephant spokes anyway? Are they like a size of spoke that goes on a bicycle wheel?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So guys, there's a little project i'm working on, and I have a few questions for
@minor muppetz, @antsamthompson9, @D'Snowth, @ConsummateVs, @mr3urious, @newsmanfan, @The Count, @Blue Frackle, @Sgt Floyd, @MWoO, and anyone else who's interested:

What are your favorite Sesame Street/Muppet/Henson-related topics? Any that peek you interest? Ones that you could talk about all day without getting bored? Something interesting that you don't think is discussed enough in the fandom? It can be about behind the scenes stuff, a story line from a TV show that you loved or hated, an interesting story about a Muppeteer, writing for the characters, you favorite Muppet movie. Absolutely anything. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know if this belongs here or in the "what's the deal with....?" thread, but at the beginning of The Addams Family, Gomez's lawyer pitches a special kind of business fund, something to celebrate Fester, but Gomez refuses to fund it or discuss it just because it's new business, with a policy of not discussing new business until fourth quarter, even if it's funded in his lawyer's name.

Of course this helps set up the plot (because if Gomez funded it from the start then they wouldn't need a Fester "impostor"), but is this just Gomez being his usual weird self, or is it normal for businesses to refuse to discuss "new business" at certain times of the year?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What are your favorite Sesame Street/Muppet/Henson-related topics? Any that peek you interest? Ones that you could talk about all day without getting bored? Something interesting that you don't think is discussed enough in the fandom? It can be about behind the scenes stuff, a story line from a TV show that you loved or hated, an interesting story about a Muppeteer, writing for the characters, you favorite Muppet movie. Absolutely anything. :smile:
There's a lot that I really like to learn about and talk about, some more than others, and even some of the stuff I'm least interested in I'll have occasions where I'll be really interested in learning or thinking about what I know (such as the various international versions of Sesame Street).

A small selection of Muppet stuff that really peeks my interest most of the time:
  • The Muppet Show
  • The Playhouse Video compilations (plus Muppet video releases in general, but these the most)
  • Sesame Street
  • Follow That Bird
  • Various Sesame Street anniversaries
  • Dinosaurs
  • The Jim Henson Hour
  • Jim Henson's early works (usually lumped together more often than any one particular project)
  • All of the movies (the recent Moving Right Along podcast has got me thinking a whole lot about The Muppet Movie lately)
  • Various copyright ownership among The Jim Henson Company, Disney, and Sesame Workshop (and various distributors)
  • A Muppet Family Christmas
  • Palisades Toys Muppet products (more than almost any other Muppet merchandise, with the possible exception of the Playhouse Videos)
  • My own Muppet wishlists
  • Sesame Street Live

Which gets me thinking of something I had been thinking for a while, not necessarily Muppet-related: When it comes to a franchise, series, film series,or whatever, which ones are the most fun to talk/think/write/learn about: the most successful ones? The biggest flops? The ones that the fans generally like? The most despised ones by fans? The ones that don't really get talked about (particularly by those involved or by those writing an article or non-fiction book on the topic)? Is it most fun to talk about the ones you personally like best or personally like the least/hate the most? This is something I've been trying to think about myself.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
So guys, there's a little project i'm working on, and I have a few questions for
@minor muppetz, @antsamthompson9, @D'Snowth, @ConsummateVs, @mr3urious, @newsmanfan, @The Count, @Blue Frackle, @Sgt Floyd, @MWoO, and anyone else who's interested:

I cannot really comment too much on this but, I am working on a Muppet Fan Podcast with a friend and you’ll see the topics we love to discuss the most.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
When it comes to a franchise, series, film series,or whatever, which ones are the most fun to talk/think/write/learn about: the most successful ones? The biggest flops? The ones that the fans generally like? The most despised ones by fans? The ones that don't really get talked about (particularly by those involved or by those writing an article or non-fiction book on the topic)? Is it most fun to talk about the ones you personally like best or personally like the least/hate the most? This is something I've been trying to think about myself.
I've been thinking about the same thing! Personally, I think it's easier to find things to say about the bad stuff, because there can be a lot to point out. For instance, A Special Sesame Street Christmas is really cheesy, and has some ridiculous scenes, and a lot of awkward decisions were made. The conception of the story was pretty unusual for a SST special, and it has a lot of dated celebrity guests. Christmas Eve On SST, on the other hand is wonderful, but it's another great Jon Stone special. If you just rave about it for a long time, you could just end up repeating yourself, and talking in circles.