Questions about anything

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been thinking about the same thing! Personally, I think it's easier to find things to say about the bad stuff, because there can be a lot to point out. For instance, A Special Sesame Street Christmas is really cheesy, and has some ridiculous scenes, and a lot of awkward decisions were made. The conception of the story was pretty unusual for a SST special, and it has a lot of dated celebrity guests. Christmas Eve On SST, on the other hand is wonderful, but it's another great Jon Stone special. If you just rave about it for a long time, you could just end up repeating yourself, and talking in circles.
Other franchises to think about with this thinking:

Star Wars- is it most fun to talk about the original trilogy (which most fans tend to like the best, at least those who grew up with only those)? The prequel trilogy (which tends to get the most hate)? The current trilogy (which isn't completed yet, and which tends to be divisive among fans but it seems fans put it between the original trilogy and prequels in terms of what they like)? Those Star Wars spin-off/side-movies (particularly since Solo did so poorly that such films have been discontinued, and I believe this is the first Star Wars film that bombed at the box office)? Is it more fun to talk about the first Star Wars, or The Empire Strikes Back (which tends to be the one from the trilogy most fans like best, though fans despised it when it was first released), or Return of the Jedi (which fans tend to dislike the most of the original trilogy, though I've heard fans liked it better than Empire Strikes Back when they were new)? Is it more fun to talk about Episode One (which seems to be the most hated, at least with the prequels)? Or is it most fun to discuss the Holiday Special?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle - is it most fun to talk about the original comic books that started it all? Or the much-loved original series? Of the original trilogy, is it more fun to talk/teach/learn about the first one, the second, or the most-despised/least-liked third movie? Is it more fun to focus on the video games (and would the infamously hard first game be the most fun to discuss, or any of the much better-received games?)? Or the more recent movies?

Back to the Future - is it more fun to discuss the first movie, the second (which seems to be the one everybody likes best), or third (which many tend to like the least)? Or the animated series (which was okay)? Or Back to the Future: The Ride? The comic books? The more recent video games? Though I don't think any of these are really despised by fans.

Hmm, maybe this would be better for another thread?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
So guys, there's a little project i'm working on, and I have a few questions for
@minor muppetz, @antsamthompson9, @D'Snowth, @ConsummateVs, @mr3urious, @newsmanfan, @The Count, @Blue Frackle, @Sgt Floyd, @MWoO, and anyone else who's interested:

What are your favorite Sesame Street/Muppet/Henson-related topics? Any that peek you interest? Ones that you could talk about all day without getting bored? Something interesting that you don't think is discussed enough in the fandom? It can be about behind the scenes stuff, a story line from a TV show that you loved or hated, an interesting story about a Muppeteer, writing for the characters, you favorite Muppet movie. Absolutely anything. :smile:
I am absolutely obsessed with the Cracks lore; in particular, why John Armond's source was so mysterious about it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So guys, there's a little project i'm working on, and I have a few questions for
i dont really consider myself knowledgeable enough to really participate in muppet topics. it's why i tend to avoid that section of the site

besides, say the wrong thing and you get attacked for it

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
oh i've gotten dogpiled before so i've learned to keep my mouth shut on opinions about the muppets

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
We are currently having somewhat of a friendly debate over something down at Happy Tree Fanon Wiki and I wanted to ask if someone could help us out.

What exactly constitutes a Mary Sue character in a fandom. The way we do it on our Wiki is a character that is almost exactly like the other one in theory can be considered that. For example, I personally refrain from referring to my ex-waifu Brushy as a Giggles-sue (for example).

Here's why

Similarities to Giggles:

-She's pink and has a bow in her hair.

-She's constantly happy.

-She's become almost infamous for dating other male characters, something that Giggles is known for that have led most fans to jokingly refer to her as a "sl*tty chipmunk" lol.

Differences from Giggles:

-Giggles doesn't have a scarf around her neck.

-She's a fox, not a chipmunk.

-She has a strong interest in cryptids and paranormal activity. Giggles' strong interest is environmental protection.

-She has a tail, Giggles lacking a tail despite being a chipmunk is somewhat of a running joke within the fandom.

Are those several differences enough to keep her from being a Mary Sue or is my definition of the term completely wrong? I'm not the only one on the Wiki who is very confused about this right now and I hope I can find someone here who can help us all set this little "nerd dilemma" straight. Because obviously nobody on the Wiki itself knows the correct answer, otherwise there wouldn't be a serious argument about it if that were the case? Right :stick_out_tongue:.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
@Flaky Pudding

batman is the ultimate mary sue

but no what you're talking about is probably more of a recolor

a mary sue is more or less a character who is ideal and perfect that does no wrong, has many talents that they realistically shouldnt have, ect.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It never got dark at 6:00 this winter, like it usually should. Like, at all. What gives?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
@Flaky Pudding

batman is the ultimate mary sue

but no what you're talking about is probably more of a recolor

a mary sue is more or less a character who is ideal and perfect that does no wrong, has many talents that they realistically shouldnt have, ect.
Why Batman?

I'm assuming that characters who are literal gods and goddesses don't count as Mary Sues. Because the entire point of creating a deity-like character is making them ultra powerful.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
honestly if you really think about it, a lot of canon characters are mary sues if you look at them from the perspective of what people complain about in ocs.

and canon characters are just someone's oc after all.

personally i see nothing wrong with a character being a 'mary sue' if the person who created it enjoys it and has fun with it. it might not be my cup of tea but in the end im not being hurt by it.

tbh though, getting an exact definition of a mary sue is like trying to find an exact definition of what a furry is. there is no solid definition and everyone you ask will say something different.

Some people may very well think gods are mary sues