Please Read

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I guess I see it differently. We don't deserve anything. That comes across as a sense of entitlement. We don't pay a cent to use this site. It costs Phil money to run the site. He can run it as he sees fit. Yes, you can complain and ask for improvements. That is your right and feel free. But to state that we deserve it or demand that they improve the site or else sell it comes across as a bit, well . . . . I won't say it.
Bingo. This is exactly why I was hesitant about starting this in the first place, given that some people can jump on it and take it all the way to 11 in their procedure. All I want is more involvement and more care for the membership, but to say that we deserve this stuff is taking it too far. At the end of the day, if I really dislike MC, I can go out and start my own Muppet site; I don't deserve more stuff on here by any means.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Bingo. This is exactly why I was hesitant about starting this in the first place, given that some people can jump on it and take it all the way to 11 in their procedure. All I want is more involvement and more care for the membership, but to say that we deserve this stuff is taking it too far. At the end of the day, if I really dislike MC, I can go out and start my own Muppet site; I don't deserve more stuff on here by any means.
Well that I can totally get behind! I do have a question though, can you define what you mean by more membership care? Because maybe I'm just not seeing or hearing things that you are.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Well that I can totally get behind! I do have a question though, can you define what you mean by more membership care? Because maybe I'm just not seeing or hearing things that you are.
We've been asking for action taken against certain members, no time limit on editing, and stuff like that for years now, and nothing happened. It would be one thing to be told "no", but Philip hasn't said... anything. That's what I'd like, personally. Just someone who can step out of the shadows and address the issues. That's... all.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
We've been asking for action taken against certain members, no time limit on editing, and stuff like that for years now, and nothing happened. It would be one thing to be told "no", but Philip hasn't said... anything. That's what I'd like, personally. Just someone who can step out of the shadows and address the issues. That's... all.
Ahh I completely understand now, and apologize for any aggression I may have shown. I agree with you on all of those issues, and without stepping on anyone's toes I would imagine that those features would have to do with the forum software thus making those changes a challenge. Have you tried private messaging?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is why I mentioned a while back that we should take into consideration that Phil and Cindy's family life is playing a significant factor in their lack of involvement with MC . . . but that, at the same time, it's because of that they should seriously considering bringing on additional help around here, and not just expect Ed to do everything himself.

MC is a sizable forum, but it's hardly the biggest there is . . . nor, is it the smallest there is, either. It's just big enough that it's developed an actual virtual community of people, and all communities need leadership.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is why I mentioned a while back that we should take into consideration that Phil and Cindy's family life is playing a significant factor in their lack of involvement with MC . . . but that, at the same time, it's because of that they should seriously considering bringing on additional help around here, and not just expect Ed to do everything himself.

MC is a sizable forum, but it's hardly the biggest there is . . . nor, is it the smallest there is, either. It's just big enough that it's developed an actual virtual community of people, and all communities need leadership.
Agreed when I started the forums we had 4 to 5 mods now we really only Have two.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I've decided to stay out of it now on muppet central. I've said everything I wanted to say and I hope @The Count and @Phillip do the right thing

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This got off track real fast.

Personally, i am sad to see that Muppet Central lacks updates on its main site. This is the site where I learned about the Palisades line that in many ways changed my life. Now there is almost nothing new on the main site, even though things have happened. No mention of the Diamond Select line? No mention of the 2015 show? Nothing about the live performances? Nothing about Steve being fired?!?

I get it, Philip has a life and can't update like he use to. Thats cool. But people are offering to help him and being ignored. I dont want to see this site die. It was a great site with lots of content. But if this was the only Muppet site that someone visted, they wouldn't know about anything that happened within the last few years.

Yes, they did make forum posts on those subjects, but literally anyone can do that. We dont need Philip to do that for us, we need him to do the bigger stuff. He should give others here the job of posting update threads and work on the actual site, or at least take the offer others have made to do that work for him.

I guess I am just nostalgic for how it use to be when I joined. Every few days we had news of more Muppets figures, customs being made, statues being released, movies coming out, viral videos, etc. Yes, the activity was due to actual projects happening, but the site would lost about these things and promote activity. Now it seems that even when something happens there is little buzz. I just miss the days where various people were posting new creations inspired by the Muppets. I miss @Dearth and @ZootTheSaxman.

I don't know. Maybe i just miss the old days when there was stuff to look forward to as opposed to looking back at what was and is no more.
I swear there was once a notice about the first Diamond Select wave on the main page.

The 2000s was also a different time for forums; they were everything. If people are posting about their collections or customs, it's now on Twitter, FB, etc. So much great merchandise was released for nostalgic properties in the 2000s, like the Simpsons World of Springfield figures; it was really a great/different time for stuff like that.

And another part of it is the lack of updates and active management of the site. Nothing on the main page is updated, regardless of anything happening with the Muppets. I was not aware that others have offered to help out with updating the website on a regular basis. If that is the case, then that is on Phil and he deserves the criticism. I'm not going to go so far as demand he sell the site, but he could, at the very least, turn over management of the site to an active manager then.
Is there really an obvious candidate Phil could entrust right now? I'm thinking D'Snowth if anyone, but I still don't get what everyone is whining that the mods need help with. All of this really came out of nowhere to me.

Agreed when I started the forums we had 4 to 5 mods now we really only Have two.
But that seems right to me. Do we really need more? There was probably twice the activity back then, hence twice the mods.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Personally, I can be accepting of the fact that a user with a history of getting into arguments with other users doesn’t give them that privilege to be a staff member. However, “not being active enough” is where I draw the line.

If you’re at least willing to lurk the forum once a day then that’s good enough. But to me, their expectations are “they have to be on 24/7” which is a bit too much.