The Old Cartoon Network Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since cable cartoons are able to get away with more and more these days that they couldn't back during the time of our childhoods (to wit, THE LOUD HOUSE having a gay couple), it makes me wonder if some of the episodes that were banned back in the day would actually be okay today? Like the DIAL 'M' FOR MONKEY episode with the effeminate parody of Silver Surfer, or the infamous "Buffalo Gals" episode of COW AND CHICKEN.

And come to think of it, I really wonder if previously banned episodes of CN shows will ever see the light of day again? The banned ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE episodes "Leap Frogs" and "Heff in a Handbasket" were not aired on Nicktoons, but they're on DVD as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
EEE's freakin' twenty now!

I still remember, vividly, as a kid, all of the hype surrounding it as a new show on CN!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh, now I see it.

But yeah.... I’m shocked myself. I remember how that show got me into Cartoon Network in 2002.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
CN actually had a really clever way of launching the advertising and promotional campaign for EEE in November 1998: they launched it after the first broadcast of the C&C episode "Night of the Ed."

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
And Ed, Edd, n Eddy is still the longest lasting Cartoon Network show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Year-wise, yeah, but mainly because there was such a long gap between the original seasons and the uncanceled seasons, as well as the Big Picture Show; otherwise, I think Dexter as well as PPG lasted longer, episode-count-wise.

But then again, unlike Dexter and PPG, EEE also had separate, stand-alone holiday specials.

Any Del

Reaction score
Definitely going to use it for presentations!