Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I kind of knew this was coming because there hasn't really been any other news other than the tweets from the voice actors a few months back.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So, here's something.

I just checked my TV provider's app and was very surprised to see Arthur's Perfect Christmas on there. Turns out that it's going to be on quite a lot these next few weeks.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The Arthur episode where Arthur and DW try to stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve is constantly playing on PBS whenever the show is on right now.

datman24

Reaction score
I was kind of surprised 'Arthur' has gone on as long as it has. For some reason, I thought the show had ended in 2004 or something. I wish it did end around then because I have seen a bit a the new animation, and it made me want to throw up. It reminded of the late 90s/early 00s PC games I used play back then. Do kids even watch Arthur nowadays? That show has become a product of its time. I do not think there are too many slice-of-life kids shows nowadays where the main character has constant fantasy sequences (à la Doug). That show is way passed its prime. When's the last time you've walked into a store and have seen a stack of Arthur products? Probably not in a very long time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When's the last time you've walked into a store and have seen a stack of Arthur products? Probably not in a very long time.
Honestly, never. Other than walking into a library where they always had Arthur books, I've never actually seen any actual Arthur merchandise in any store any where. Only Arthur stuff I've ever seen was when my local PBS used to have a massive conference room that was decorated almost like a toy museum, because they had all kinds of vintage merchandise - particularly SS - including a few plushes of Arthur and D.W.