Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
Those points make a lot of sense, and it dosnt seem very practical to focus all the attention to just a wall.
Problem with Trump and his wall is that he is ridiculously literal. When he first got elected I saw supporters of his being interviewed (granted, this is simply anecdotal) and when asked about the wall they said the idea if a physical wall was stupid, but they believed Trump was not talking about a literal wall. They thought "build that wall" was simply a metaphor for stronger immigration reform. Cut to Trump saying ut us a literal wall.

Yes, we need to figure out how to keep drugs and child trafficking out of this country and much of it does flow through the southern border. What we need is not a giant brick wall. We need what has already been happening, even under Obama. Deportation of those here illegally, starting with anyone in the prison system. A stronger border patrol force, but also a well trained one. We need strict yet compassionate border patrol so that detainees have their immediate needs met, but are still processed through the system accordingly. If Trump focused on this instead of this giant wall he wouldn't look like such an idiot, at least not on this issue.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When it comes to Trump voters, there are two different categories they can be divided into:

1. Those who have become so disenchanted with American politics, and how the two parties are always at odd with each other, and cause the average American to suffer as a result of their consistent political battles. These people saw Trump as a breath of fresh air because he wasn't a career politician, he was a businessman, and he seemed like he was exactly what the world of politics needed: somebody to break the mold, and get things done in a different matter, without resorting to the same old political clap trap.

Unfortunately, these are the Trump voters who eventually figured out they were fooled, and see the damage he's doing; these are the Trump voters who regret giving him their vote, and are dealing with the consequences of their votes.

2. The Fox News-watching, Breitbart-reading, far right extremist Republicans who actually believe the notion that Trump is the Second Coming of Christ, and that God Himself was the one who sent Trump to save our nation. No matter what he does, no matter what he says, no matter what lies he tells, no matter what subjects he flip-flops on, no matter who he attacks or bullies, they believe every single movement he makes, and every single breath he takes is saving America from imaginary enemies.

These are the ones who are truly delusional and deranged.

The former can certainly be extended some sympathy - whether they really believed Trump was suitable for the job or not, you can't blame them for feeling the way they do about American politics, and believing that such a historic vote would be the change needed to make America great again. The latter? Nope. Not at all. They're part of the problem.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
1. Those who have become so disenchanted with American politics, and how the two parties are always at odd with each other, and cause the average American to suffer as a result of their consistent political battles. These people saw Trump as a breath of fresh air because he wasn't a career politician, he was a businessman, and he seemed like he was exactly what the world of politics needed: somebody to break the mold, and get things done in a different matter, without resorting to the same old political clap trap.

Unfortunately, these are the Trump voters who eventually figured out they were fooled, and see the damage he's doing; these are the Trump voters who regret giving him their vote, and are dealing with the consequences of their votes.
Pretty much my story right there.

But overall, like I said before, 2016 was just not my year. My whole personality just completely changed that year from too much stuff going on in my life mixing in with politics.

Oh man, being left has made me feel so much happier.

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah, and they say anti Trump people are “non-playable characters.” :rolleyes:
There are "NPCs" on both sides of the fence, but the extreme left are the ones doing the public protests. I've seen WAY too many unedited videos of extreme left protesters being asked simple questions about why they are protesting and they can't answer and just shout their chant. Many times they are asked about things I agree with them on and they still can't/won't answer any questions asked of them.

Oh yeah, and the cons are always trying to shame Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez again by jumping all over an old video of her dancing (specifically, paying tribute to THE BREAKFAST CLUB) in college, because it means we now have a fool in Congress.
I don't think Cortez is a fool, I think she is uninformed on a lot of things and has been pushed into being the face of the democratic party because she is popular. She is popular because she is a young Hispanic woman, not because of her actual policies. She won her primary 15,897 to 11,761 (a very small number of voters for her district) votes and her opponent in the actual election was an accused wife abuser republican in a district that has voted democrat since forever. Obviously she was going to win. It wasn't nearly as big of a deal as people made it out to be. Now a brand new congress person is front and center in media across the country because.... she is young and Hispanic? Of course she is going to look like a fool, she wasn't prepared to be in the spot light. Every mistake that a new comer would make is being magnified because democrats wanted a poster child.

This is the problem I have with the news stories saying how great it is that congress is so diverse now. I don't care if congress is all woman, all men, all black, all white, or a giant mix of everything. I care about diversity of thought so that actual debate over issues happens and compromises can be made that represent as much of the country as they can. I don't care that there are now two Muslim women in congress. I do care about what they think about the issues though. We need to stop with this identity politics BS. A white congress person can represent a mostly black district and a black congress person can represent a mostly white district. Your race does not matter, only what you do!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
There are "NPCs" on both sides of the fence, but the extreme left are the ones doing the public protests. I've seen WAY too many unedited videos of extreme left protesters being asked simple questions about why they are protesting and they can't answer and just shout their chant. Many times they are asked about things I agree with them on and they still can't/won't answer any questions asked of them.
I mean, I won’t deny I have dealt with my share of ugly left people who do nothing but say “orange man BAD!” all the time. What bugs me about that stupid internet joke is that the same people who came up with it are probably the same ones who constantly say, “ugh Hillary iz guilty of deleting da emails!!!11!!!” Or “oh mai gad Donald Trump is doing so much great stuff for Amurica! And I can’t even name them all!” Or “ugh Obama wuz da wurst president EVER!!!111!!!” and bs like that and pretty much deny it. Because, you know, they’re TOTALLY above everyone else.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
How much y’all willing to bet his little supporters are going to be complaining non-stop about the fact that “his wall was never built because of the lefties” for endless months if he (hopefully) ends up losing next year?
I'm gonna say this and I kinda hope I'm wrong. Im worried that Trump is not going anywhere in 2020. I think the Democrats that are showing they want to run, Wil simply get chewed up and spit out by Trump. I also think that these Anti Trump supporters need to calm down and play things smart or conservatives 6going to really hit them where it hurts which will be in the polls.
Democrats and liberals have been down right violent and disrespectful across the board. Just the other day that new congresswoman saying we are going to impeach that mother bad word. Where as from what I've seen Republicans and conservatives have not been as loud or disrespectful with the exception of Trump himself. Now again I could be wrong, and in fact I hope I'm wrong but that's just how I see things.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of have a feeling Trump isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

For one thing, just since he's been in Office, they've let him get away with so much, that it doesn't matter what he continues to do, they'll just him slide, simply because he's Donald Trump; anyone else, he would have been impeached by now.

Secondly, I'll agree, even though Democrats made a victory with the 2018 midterms, their current plans for 2020 don't look promising; in addition to Warren, there's also rumors circulating that the DNC is eying Bernie, Biden, and Beto as possible candidates . . . basically, falling back on the same old, same old tired faces (well, save for Beto, and he seemed to really speak to the younger crowd).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Watch Censored crucify me for this, but his advanced age is my main concern with him. He just reminds me so much of my previous family doctor: the man was well into his 80s, still practicing medicine - had been since he was twenty-one (graduated college at seventeen), absolutely compassionate man, and a brilliant doctor . . . and then, one day, he literally just dropped dead without warning.

Then again, Bernie is Jewish, and they seem to possess the closest thing there is to immortality . . . I mean Joan Rivers? Don Rickles? Abe Froggin' Vigoda?