The New New Quote Thread

Any Del

Reaction score
Fred Rogers: "Confronting our feelings and giving them appropriate expression always takes strength, not weakness. It takes strength to acknowledge our anger, and sometimes more strength yet to curb the aggressive urges anger may bring and to channel them into nonviolent outlets. It takes strength to face our sadness and to grieve and to let our grief and our anger flow in tears when they need to. It takes strength to talk about our feelings and to reach out for help and comfort when we need it."

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
JD Hansel: With a good movie, if you want your characters to be second class citizens, like in Roger Rabbit, I'm sorry, in that film, you get that the reasons why they're second class citizens directly follow from the fact that they are cartoons, that they are seen as less real, and they're just performers who always have to be silly and funny. And that makes them a bit harder to tolerate. In Happytime Murders, puppets are second class citizens for reasons that aren't explained very well, but at a certain point, you kinda have to assume that it's because of a weird systemic oppression in which puppets are forced to live in our society where we make all our food with lots of sugar, and so if puppets try to really engage in our main ways of eating, basically, with the main foods at our grocery stores or in our restaurants, they're gonna get high. And so it seems like they're just high and irresponsible all the time.
Jarrod Fairclough: Okay, can I interject?
JD: By all means, Jarrod. Save this.
Jarrod: This is gonna sound like I'm being a smart*** and I'm not, because I really do mean this with all due respect to the both of you, you are ridiculously over-thinking a silly little puppet movie. I mean why aren't we having this conversation about other puppet movies? To sit there and be like "How do these puppets go to a restaurant and eat sugary foods?", it's a ****ing puppet film! Are we really gonna sit here and talk about that? Because, I'm sorry but no. That's nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. And I hate it when people do that. To say "How do they deal with the sugary foods?", that doesn't have anything to do with the film, you're sorta nitpicking.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
JOLLY ROGER: So let me get this straight, we only rob from guys named Rob.
I.R. BABOON: That are right!
JOLLY ROGER: Oh, I know a lot of Robs!
I.R. BABOON: Are they being rich?
JOLLY ROGER: No, I told you, they are being Rob!
I.R. BABOON: They rich?
JOLLY ROGER: Rob.
I.R. BABOON: Rich?
JOLLY ROGER: Rob.
I.R. BABOON: Rich?
JOLLY ROGER: Rob!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Roger Rabbit: P-p-please, Raoul. I can give you stars. Just drop the refrigerator on my head one more time!

Raoul Raoul Director: Roger, I've dropped it on your head 23 times already

Raoul Raoul Director: I'm not worried about you, I'm worried about the REFRIDGERATOR

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
When JD and Jarrod did a live chat they responded to my question asking if they dislike modern Sesame Street.
Jarrod Fairclough: I like modern Sesame Street.
JD Hansel: Yeah, I don't really have too many big problems with modern SS.
Jarrod: I also don't watch it much though.
JD: Right, that's the thing, I'm not in the mood to watch it, it's not something I'm personally attached to.
Jarrod: Most of my SS watching is through their YT channel, and then when they do primetime specials, I get press copies of that, that's about it.
JD: Yeah, I watch a lot of the YT stuff, a lot of their parody stuff is really good, certainly if you go back a couple years to the Cookie's Crumby Pictures, some of my favorite SS moments come from CCP, like that stupid bit with Cookie Monster and a pita bread, "What you think, Pita? How should I know? I'm just a piece of bread." One of the stupidest lines in SS history and one of the most satisfying moments in the whole series, I love it! But, I think cause we do some amount of parody on our show that's in response newer SS stuff, on the podcast, sometimes we are doing jokes about Elmo being drunk and Big Bird being high and stuff like that. With Drunk Elmo, that didn't come from anything we noticed in any performance, that just came from a funny idea, me driving in the car doing voices, noticing I could do Elmo, noticing it would be funnier if it was a drunk Elmo. Which is a very fragile bit to do, you can easily see that going wrong and just being crude, stupid, not at all funny if not handled correctly, on something like Family Guy or something like that. So we had to do it carefully with a lot of knowledge about the character. I can't remember exactly how High Big Bird happened other than we talked before about how we think sometimes Matt Vogel's voice for Big Bird comes across as a bit tired or loopy. That's not ALWAYS the case.
Jarrod: And please don't take that as a disparaging comment. Like, he's an extremely good Big Bird.
JD: Yes, in many respects, he is an extremely good BB, it's just a different BB than the one that we're used to. I mean even when Caroll Spinney over the past 10 years has performed BB, it's been a quieter, more tired BB.
Jarrod: Which I think we can forgive, considering the man's 84.
JD: But also because you've got Elmo there, right? You've got Elmo as this huge force of energy on the show, he's the little kid who's got all the energy and who everyone's watching. So for BB to represent the older 6 and 7-year-olds in the audience, he's gotta be a little bit toned down. And it's nice to have a character who's a little bit more, I don't wanna say intellectual, but BB does seem like he's got a good head on his shoulders. And so that's fair, but every now and again, Steve and I do think BB sounds kinda high, and so we thought once we found out Matt Vogel was officially BB, why not go ahead and introduce our own high version of BB? Mostly just cause, we wanted something to compliment Drunk Elmo, we thought that would be funny.
Jarrod: And we've also discussed doing other things, where we thought "Are we going a little bit too far, are we now just repeating the joke?"
JD: Yeah, a lot of the comedy that we do on the podcast is a very fine line, because on one hand, we're doing parody of things and people that we really respect and really like, so we gotta make sure we're not ever being too mean.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
RAY: Robert's gotta go!
DEB: Why?
RAY: This! Stupid plain milk! I gotta drink stupid plain milk, because there isn't any stupid chocolate milk, because stupid Robert stupid finished it all!