Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I often see the "tolerant" left bash Christianity
Well, again, it's not Christianity so much that they bash, but rather, hypocrisy amongst Christians - particularly, the far-right Christians who attack certain people, or certain minority groups, and go around spreading hate, but then turn around and use their Christianity as a crutch to justify their hate and judgement. "Well, the Bible says this," "The Bible says that," "God said this," "God said that," "You're gonna go to **** because," "You'll burn in **** because. . . ."
They say that religious people are stupid and intelligent people are atheists.
It doesn't help that there's so many "scientific" studies that are suggesting that removing religion from your life somehow makes you a smarter person. I mean, for all intents and purposes, we could suggest that removing politics from your life will somehow make you a smarter person. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, there's a difference between being a religious person and a spiritual person, and I prefer to think of myself as the latter. The former is what I think would apply to the hypocritical and judgemental Bible-thumpers who go around trying to force their religion and such down everybody's throats and tell people they'll go to **** otherwise. Spiritual people, on the other hand, tend to focus more on their own, personal connection with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - they may try and share their experiences with other people, but not in a franatic and forceful way.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd say with the obvious exception of Trump (and, perhaps, Mike Gravel, but he's a special kind of crazy), you, obviously, have to be a pretty well-educated, and intellectual person, in order to get involved in politics. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Trumpy's gonna broadcast a live speech tonight so he can brag about the shutdown, and at the same time, Dems are demanding they get just as much live time so they can talk about the shutdown from their perspective.

Really, Dems? You're gonna go that route? Way to stoop down to Trump's immature level.

Any Del

Reaction score
I still don't understand all this, "Michelle made school lunches inedible!" crap.

School lunches were already inedible, even when I was in school - need I go into all of this again?
Even long before Obama's time.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So Trumpy's gonna broadcast a live speech tonight so he can brag about the shutdown, and at the same time, Dems are demanding they get just as much live time so they can talk about the shutdown from their perspective.

Really, Dems? You're gonna go that route? Way to stoop down to Trump's immature level.
Im guessing Trump may use this speach to declare the border issue a state of emergency. Therefore bypassing Congress to get the wall done.