"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Bahahahaha! Reminds me of how China is banning Winnie the Pooh from Kingdom Hearts 3 because people made memes about their president looking like him. They basically put a white fog over him, hahaha.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Look I enjoyed Happytime Murders as well but, I don’t think anyone should force people to watch the movie.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Mmmm yeah taking out the main actor is a bit overkill. Besides, removing the main character from any movie would make the whole thing a confusing mess

if people dont wanna watch the movie for whatever reason, that's their business

Lorelei

Reaction score
There will be deleted scenes. I guess you could take those scenes and edit those into the movie if you really want to.
When I got my DVD in the mail, the first thing I did was watch the deleted scenes, and they blew me away! How different the film would've been if only STX had let them keep the darker noir parts! So I've moved all the files from the DVD to my computer to make a full edit for my personal viewing. I'm going to add all the deleted scenes in their original positions in the film, plus figure out a music change (McCarthy said the first script she read had "I'm Your Puppet" as the opening music). Oh and I'm thinking about putting the "True Hollywood Story" short from YouTube somewhere at or near the beginning of the movie, since it might blend nicely. I can't wait to sit down and watch the whole re-assembled thing from beginning to end.

Lorelei

Reaction score
I just saw the Happytime Murders Today! Truth be told, It wasn't as bad as people were saying it was. I enjoyed it a lot. The only thing I wish the movie would've done was that they would give The Happytime Gang a bit of a backstory, at least see how an episode of That show would play out. Kinda like starting from the past before the movie cuts to present time.
Hi CBP -- Did you see Happytime's "True Hollywood Story" short on YouTube? I've always wondered whether a big chunk of that short was supposed to be in the movie itself.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This is sad: The movie has been nominated for Razzie awards. It's sad that some people couldn't look past the crassness and realize that there is a really good story at the center of this movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe they should have put more focus on the story and less on the crassness.

MWoO

Reaction score
When I got my DVD in the mail, the first thing I did was watch the deleted scenes, and they blew me away! How different the film would've been if only STX had let them keep the darker noir parts! So I've moved all the files from the DVD to my computer to make a full edit for my personal viewing. I'm going to add all the deleted scenes in their original positions in the film, plus figure out a music change (McCarthy said the first script she read had "I'm Your Puppet" as the opening music). Oh and I'm thinking about putting the "True Hollywood Story" short from YouTube somewhere at or near the beginning of the movie, since it might blend nicely. I can't wait to sit down and watch the whole re-assembled thing from beginning to end.
I would be very interested in seeing a fan edit of the film. I am positive the youtube video was put out by Henson after the studio butchered his movie as a means of getting the backstory out there.