Questions about anything

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Someone please give me an answer to this as soon as possible: So I got tired of HBO Go not working for me that I tried to find episodes of Sesame Street from the current season on other websites. Unfortunately, I got a couple of viruses from that website. I downloaded Reimage Repair to get rid of them, but I have to pay for it in order to work. Since I don't have a credit card, I asked my dad to help, but he's convinced it's a scam. So is there any other way for me to get rid of these viruses?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
you really shouldnt be using a computer without virus protection. i mean no program is foolproof but its a lot safer to have it than not

AVG, Avast, and Kaspersky are all highly recommended free virus scanners. they quarantine the virus so that it cant infect your computer, and if possible, remove it. Now personally avast is the only program that I haven't had problems with, or at least no major problems.

also installing adblock can help block viruses that get on your computer through ads.

mr3urious

Reaction score
AVG started to get way too slow and bloated for my old laptop, and even began to force programs on me I didn't want or even need. Avast has been much better to me in comparison.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
my friend swears by avg but it caused my brand new gaming computer to soft lock on the avg options screen. like. it was like my computer was frozen but i could still move my mouse, i just got the windows error noise when i clicked on anything. couldnt even kill the process. and this wasnt a one off thing. after i restarted my computer (by holding the power button down) it did the same thing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Microsoft Security Essentials used to be able to scan my entire computer in just a couple of hours - four at the most. In recent years, however, it now takes 12+ hours to scan, and I don't even have that much more on my computer since I got it almost seven years ago.

But, thanks to adblockers, I've hardly ever had a major virus or trojan scare. On my previous computer, though, Spybot literally saved my butt numerous times . . . especially when McAfee's contract with Comcast expired, and I had to get a subscription for it, rather than it being a complimentary program - then it stopped working properly.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Someone please give me an answer to this as soon as possible: So I got tired of HBO Go not working for me that I tried to find episodes of Sesame Street from the current season on other websites. Unfortunately, I got a couple of viruses from that website. I downloaded Reimage Repair to get rid of them, but I have to pay for it in order to work. Since I don't have a credit card, I asked my dad to help, but he's convinced it's a scam. So is there any other way for me to get rid of these viruses?
I use Malwarebytes; even the free version will scan your system and queue you to delete any detected threats.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, but ever since Malwarebytes updated the program years ago, it interferes with browsers working properly; I had to ditch it entirely.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Okay, I don't know this character, so can somebody please explain to me what it is about that even dudes like to cosplay as her?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Okay, I don't know this character, so can somebody please explain to me what it is about that even dudes like to cosplay as her?
I guess it's because she started off as a boy during the pitch pilot, but still has the same adult male voice.