The Leslie Mostly Show with Guy Smiley

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've determined The Leslie Mostly Show must have been dropped immediately after the twelfth season in terms of re-airing. Muppet Wiki added guides for every episode of season 13, none of them contain any Leslie Mostly sketches (and I checked "what links here" on Leslie Mostly), I think if none of her segments aired that season, when many aired the season before (and when she was a fairly regular character in a recurring sketch, albeit one that's not that popular but was recent to season 13), then it's doubtful they would re-air in following seasons.

I kinda wish that Leslie Mostly was included in that season 12 press release that announced the new characters. I remember seeing that and feeling it was definitive for season 12 debuts, though I knew some of the characters were around before season 12 (and in the years since found MANY of those characters were around before, many just a year before, some way before), it even mentioned one new character who wasn't pictured (in addition to mentioning testing on fairly recent characters like Barkley). She probably debuted in season 11 as opposed to 10, but probably didn't make many appearances that season.

When Muppet Wiki added segments and episode numbers to the page, none of the previously-listed EKAs were changed, which could mean that's when they debuted or could mean they haven't found the first appearances. Though in recent months I've found that many of the segments in the first three weeks of season 12 (that were leaked a few weeks ago) that didn't have any known previous appearances were, in fact, the first appearances, some I wondered if those were the first or not, some I was real surprised by (some a case of "this looked like the late-1970s to me", some due to having an earlier copyright date or a source that referred to them debuting in season 11, most likely holdover segments). I wonder if the Leslie Mostly segments have production codes for the seasons they debuted.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Though in recent months I've found that many of the segments in the first three weeks of season 12 (that were leaked a few weeks ago) that didn't have any known previous appearances were, in fact, the first appearances, some I wondered if those were the first or not, some I was real surprised by (some a case of "this looked like the late-1970s to me", some due to having an earlier copyright date or a source that referred to them debuting in season 11, most likely holdover segments). I wonder if the Leslie Mostly segments have production codes for the seasons they debuted.
From what I highlighted in bold above, what are you talking about that was leaked online? Any footage that was leaked online (like with all the Season 1, 10 and 12 episodes leaked from SW's archives onto the Internet) or is it just scripts from a trusted source as usual?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
From what I highlighted in bold above, what are you talking about that was leaked online? Any footage that was leaked online (like with all the Season 1, 10 and 12 episodes leaked from SW's archives onto the Internet) or is it just scripts from a trusted source as usual?
I meant to say years ago, not weeks ago.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, given that Sesame Workshop has shown little to no interest in releasing any of the skits, it kind of makes sense that they were phased out quickly.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think this was one of their experiments but, this experiment was not exactly the best one with the results. It’s like how Jim Henson said that Professor Hastings was one of his most failed characters he created.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I hope they include a few of these sketches on the upcoming dvd

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think the DVD will have things people actually like and remember.
Honestly, I would prefer a much more better written and common sketch rather than something and boring. For example, I really hope they do not put the Miami Mice with Count on there, that segment was boring compared to the ones with Kermit or Ernie.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
the Miami Mice sketch with the Count wasn't very boring, though I do feel it was stretched out. But there are many sketches that are lost media but nobody really wants to see like Professor Hastings and Deena and Pearl