Sesame Street Canceled Figures Interview

cjd874

Reaction score
I've always been bummed that Palisades wasn't able to produce the Sesame Street action figures. I think they would have been just as good, if not better than the Muppets figures. I love the concept of having 2 core characters and 2 lesser-known characters in each series. I guess Palisades kind of did that already with TMS line; for example, Series 1 had Kermit and Miss Piggy alongside Bunsen Honeydew and Dr. Teeth while Series 6 had Statler and Waldorf alongside Clifford and Patrol Bear.

If the SS line went into production, there would have been many, many series (10+) because Sesame Street has been around longer than the Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight, so Palisades could have produced more characters. If Palisades produced obscure Muppets like Uncle Deadly, the Newsman, and Phil Van Neuter for TMS line, the SS line could have featured the likes of Harvey Kneeslapper, Roxie Marie, and Sherry Netherland.

It's too bad that these figures will not be produced.

MWoO

Reaction score
I saw this a while back and promptly snagged all the pics I could. That Bert was an early prototype and I believe was suppose to go through revisions to make him less.. ugly poser like.

One day I hope to be good enough to sculpt characters like Oscar with the same level of detail as this. I could probably pull off the playset pretty easily as far as sculpt goes, but not that amazing paint work. If I had unlimited funds I would buy this in a heart beat.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Boy, the Muppets are certainly quite out of scale with that diorama -- no way Big Bird is that massive! He'd be about 12/13 feet in this scale!

MWoO

Reaction score
Boy, the Muppets are certainly quite out of scale with that diorama -- no way Big Bird is that massive! He'd be about 12/13 feet in this scale!
Well yeah, none of the Palisades set were in scale with the figures. They were all too small, except maybe the drum set. Chef is the size if the fridge in his kitchen and his hand is bugger than his sink. Plus, i think this playset was going to be done DST style where you buy figures that come with pieces of the set.

If I were to ever make my own, Id scale it up by at least 100%, but thatbwont happen unless I become rich.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I saw this a while back and promptly snagged all the pics I could. That Bert was an early prototype and I believe was suppose to go through revisions to make him less.. ugly poser like.
Yeah, when I initially saw this I thought the eye focus looked off and was disappointed he didn't have elbow joints... all would've probably been fixed for the final.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Plus some revisions on the sweater because, Bert’s sweater is much more dull than bright.

MWoO

Reaction score
There was a photoshop revision done that address the eye brow placement as well as the hair. I have the picture that was posted online if it from years ago and used it for my own version. I have one that is like 80% complete as far as sculpting goes, but I couldnt get the joints that way I wanted and shelved the project. Now that I have officially begun work on Sal, if those joints work out I can revisit Bert. If Bert works out, next would be Ernie and then Oscar. Of course, these are a lot of ifs. It takes time, money. And skill that I dont have at the moment.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
There was a photoshop revision done that address the eye brow placement as well as the hair. I have the picture thatbwas posted online if it from years ago and used it for my own version. I have one that is like 80% complete as far as sculpting goes, but I couldnt get the joints that way I wanted and shelved the project. Now that I have officially begun work on Sal, if those joints work out I can revisit Bert. If Bert works out, next would be Ernie and then Oscar. Of course, these are a lot of ifs. It takes time, money. And skill that I dont have at the moment.
If you were going to make the figures, are you going to include some small accessories?