Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The incident kind of reminds me of a similar incident several years ago where kids on a school bus were verbally harassing an elderly bus monitor, driving her to tears. As I recall, she only received one apology from a parent on behind of his kid, and that's it . . . and I don't believe she accepted the apology either, since it obviously didn't come directly from the kid, who was probably hiding in fear of being in trouble.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not surprising, that story from yesterday is now being twisted into two completely different version, both of which paints one as the victim and the other as the bully:

One version, as linked, says that the MAGA students mobbed up on the Native and chanted "Build that wall" at him.

The other version says that the Native singled out and confronted one specific student who was minding his own business, and the rest of the students were coming to his defense.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Not surprising, that story from yesterday is now being twisted into two completely different version, both of which paints one as the victim and the other as the bully:

One version, as linked, says that the MAGA students mobbed up on the Native and chanted "Build that wall" at him.

The other version says that the Native singled out and confronted one specific student who was minding his own business, and the rest of the students were coming to his defense.
I was just watching the nearly 2-hour full version of what happened. I wouldn't use the word twisted. Neither side is the victim or the bully. Nor are the kids innocent of some truly borish behavior. The full video though does highlight what I've said here many times. There are 3 sides to every story. There is the Native American gentleman's side. There is the group of kids side. And then there is the truth, which lies somewhere in the middle. Take time to seek the truth. Neither version that you posted is the truth.

It does highlight the mainstream media's and social media's bias though. Just because the kids were wearing MAGA hats and shirts, they were quickly vilified and the short clip went viral, before all the facts were in. Nobody took the time to seek the whole truth first.