The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Oh, nevermind then.

I thought you ordered them online in advance and went to pick them up only to discover they weren't there, which is where I got a little confused.
We went to Best Buy first only to find out they were all sold out and they wouldn't be available until February.

Then my mom went to their website where she ordered it for delivery instead of being picked up at the store.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
We were going to go to the Apple Store also, until it was easier to just order them online.

Free shipping as well.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Here's a new one. Got a pay raise today. Why did it make me frown? It was so low it was insulting. An extra $6 a week for a 40 hour week. I suppose I should be grateful for the raise but I would have felt better if they didn't even bother. Not only was the raise so low it came with a Non-compete and non-solicitation agreement to sign. So basically in order to get the raise I need to sign the agreement. It really comes across not so much as a reward for a job well done or as appreciation for the work I do, but a payment for my signature. I basically sat in the dark for the last 2 hours just thinking of what I do next.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If it's any consolation, with one of my dad's old jobs years ago, his boss got so cheap that eventually the employees' Christmas bonuses were . . . jackets.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
If it's any consolation, with one of my dad's old jobs years ago, his boss got so cheap that eventually the employees' Christmas bonuses were . . . jackets.
I'd take the jacket. We got a box of popcorn. OK, it was deluxe popcorn. But it's still just popcorn

animalrescuer

Reaction score
The only Christmas bonus my mom gets is...gift cards!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, once upon a time, companies would actually give money as Christmas bonuses. What a concept, amIrite?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Mine does. It was added onto a paycheck before Christmas. However, I won’t disclose the amount.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
A slightly annoyed that Hot Topic sold-out of the Colonel Sanders Funko Pop.