Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
See, Democrats were pushing for a permanent end to the shutdown.
Right. Trump wants that too, but only if he gets funding for his wall. Frankly, its less than 1% of the budget. They shoukd just do it. The only reason they wont is because they dont want to give him the victory for 2020. They say walls dont work, fine. Let him fail and it only cost 1% of one years budget

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Something else I've been saying all this time:

Yes. Yes, we are. Because this has become so much a part of everyday life in America, like breathing, walking, eating, sleeping, we are this used to it, we are this desensitized to it, we are this numb to it all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait. . . .

So . . . Trump really doesn't know how umbrellas work?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
On a serious note, it's official, Bernie is running again for 2020. :smirk:

On another note, surprised you share that drawing considering you seem to be very pro-life (not that I’m saying that in a bad way, mind you).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On another note, surprised you share that drawing considering you seem to be very pro-life (not that I’m saying that in a bad way, mind you).
I was mostly sharing it as an example of the GOP wanting everybody to pretty much fend for themselves - especially when they're unable to.

MWoO

Reaction score
Thinking people should fend for themselves and thinking the government shouldnt fend for people are two different things.

I think private charities are fantastic and they do great work. They also have much less in the way of admin expenses than government programs, meaning people get more of the money that is given to help them. It use to be that people would donate part of their pay check to charities. Now, with taxes being so high for the lower and middle class, people dont have the money to do that anymore.

I have a friend who is going through rough times. She works part time and takes care of her elderly grandmother and father who refused to get a job most of his life. One week she picked up a lot of other peoples shifts. She worked doubles, took a 3 hour bus ride home, got an hour of sleep, and went right back to work another double. She was expecting a decent check, except she got pushed into a higher tax percentage that week because of the hours. She barely made more money working all those hours. When she complained about it on facebook, her "friends" told her that the government needed that money to give to programs for those that were in need. Meanwhile, she cant afford food.

So yes, I have a problem with how social programs are run in this country. Working more hours is discouraged. When I was a manager I had people ask to work.less hours so they could get their benefits instead of earning more. Thta is proof of a meases up system. As for my friend, all her "liberal" friends just told her to suck it up because other people needed her tax money. I was the only one who loaned her money for groceries and invited her over for dinner.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Under those eight years, before Obama came along, we didn't have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attacks in the United States!" ~ Rudy Giuliani in 2016
Despite the fact he was the Mayor of New York City during 9-11 and the Bush Administration

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah, Giuliani is a crazy person. We already know this. He was crazy when he was mayor here in NYC too. I guess we aren't going to address the other issue brought about about fending for yourself vs. the government fencing for you.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yeah, Giuliani is a crazy person. We already know this. He was crazy when he was mayor here in NYC too. I guess we aren't going to address the other issue brought about about fending for yourself vs. the government fencing for you.
There are serval people who need assistance with food living, and healthcare. Then there are those that abuse that help, and there is where the problem lie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have to say, we're really starting to feel the pain from Trump's economy: paychecks are getting smaller and harder to get, and prices for things like groceries are rising. Twice in the past month, there wasn't enough money in the bank to get groceries.