Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I have to say, we're really starting to feel the pain from Trump's economy: paychecks are getting smaller and harder to get, and prices for things like groceries are rising. Twice in the past month, there wasn't enough money in the bank to get groceries.
Are you speaking personally or collectively? Cause just about all indicators are saying the economy is going gangbusters

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Both. Clearly, the only ones benefitting from the economy are, of course, the wealthy and big businesses.

MWoO

Reaction score
It depends where you work. For example, the tariffs on steel are great for the American steel industry, but its terrible for companies that just had their raw materials increase 25%. Home improvement retail is still pretty bad, though there was a spike in mid 2018, its not so hot still. Lowes osed 20 stores in the US and closes down Orchid supply stores, 100 of them in total. Amazon is killing it though.

A good economy doesnt mean a good economy for every industry, it means an overall strong economy. That being said, Trump didnt turn around a bad economy, he just kept the momentum that had already begun under Obama.

Idealy, tax breaks for companies should translate to more jobs and higher pay. Well, it doesnt always do that. More often than not it doesnt when working for a large company. It usually means higher bonuses for executives. This isnt a government problem as much as it is a people suck problem. The only way to help the average worker is to make tax breaks predicated on how those tax breaks' savings are used. Its just a touch of communism where the goverment can have some say in private businesses without total control over them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whether you guys like it or not, this is why we have feminism:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I get why we have feminism and I’m all for equal rights.

It just bugs me, on the other hand, that there are women out there who believe having a ****** gives them a free pass.

Lying to the police to get a man in trouble by telling them “he raped me!” which, when it comes to telling sexual assault stories, by all means, go for it, but just tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Believing they can’t get a punch to the face even if they attacked you first because “they’re a girl!”

A prime example @Any Del once mentioned of a girl cutting in line in front of him at a pizzeria just because she felt she could simply because of her sex.

Etc

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Once again, it's hard to feel much sympathy for people like this when they were too blind to see through the lies and facades to begin with:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, as someone who voted for Trump himself and will not be getting my vote again in 2020, at least they admitted to fault of voting for him and don’t plan to do it again next year.

I would say learning from your mistakes is much better than, say, blaming the democrats or anyone else for their problems of Trump’s damage.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Once again, it's hard to feel much sympathy for people like this when they were too blind to see through the lies and facades to begin with:

I know you saw it on the internet so it must be true, right?. I went to some of their actual twitter accounts and from some of their other tweets, I'm skeptical. I'm not saying there aren't any disillusioned Trump supporters but this seems a bit too fabricated.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion of the Virginia governor and his racist yearbook pictures. Wonder why? Have we really become that insensitive?