Boy, is this forum dead today or what?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
One newer feature MC has that I will say I think has been abused, to an extent, is changing usernames.

Way back when, the only way you could change your username was to either put in a request to Phil and see if he would granted it, or abandon your current account and register a new one with a different username (and hope it doesn't get deleted for being a sock puppet account).

Either way, it was incredibly difficult to change usernames, because Phil wanted to avoid confusion among the community, since we all get used to each other's usernames . . . but once he implemented the ability to change our usernames (albeit, with a limit of three times), and people began changing their usernames right and left (and some already doing so more than once), that very confusion began happening.
But most forums allow this anyway. I think the best thing would be to do it like ProBoards does it - you have your username, which you use to sign in, and you have your display name, which is what everyone sees, but the former is also available to be viewed as well.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Was it really necessary to remove my post regarding that though? :search:

They get really anal about some stuff, while letting other ridiculous things slide. One time I was trying to make a thread regarding the rumored first five tentative waves of the Sesame Palisades line and Ed kept inexplicably removing my posts because he said it was already mentioned on the forum. I couldn't find one post mentioning it, never once heard about it myself and was only aware about it until MuppetSpot brought it to my attention.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
That’s very correct, I found it on a message board.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm not surprised that more people are going over to the Discord actually.

MWoO

Reaction score
I still dont under stand the appeal of it

gravy

Reaction score
it's better than the forums because it isn't the Snowth and Jerry Show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The forum is better than the Discord because it isn't the Gavry and Old Thunder Show.