Muppets Live Another Day

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
And if so, who is going to puppeteer him now since Steve's gone? And Lips for that matter if they'll actually have him in the new show.
Lips has already been recast to Peter Linz, and I personally believe that Rizzo has/will as well.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I would wish that Muppet writers would return hopefully, though I am wondering if we’re going to see the return of stuff like Gonzo’s sweater vest or Scooter’s crew jacket.

MWoO

Reaction score
The real question is, will this be the acyial llot of the show or will this be a show within a show? Will this be the modern day Muppets acting in a show that takes place in th 80s, meaning we will see "backstage" stuff and meta jokes, or are they really just doing a show where Rowlf is lost in the 80s and that's it. Personally, I want a show witjin a show with meta jokes.

Kermit has a scene where he makes a call, pulls out a modern cell phone, the director yells cut a d reminds him the show takes place in the 80s and hands him a giant old school flip phone and Kermit can barely hold.

Piggy fights with the hairdresser who tries to give her a perm and Piggy says that was the worst hair style she ever had and refuses. Next scene we see her with a bad wig that doesnt cover her "actual" hair right.

We see that the Muppet Babies were child actor look a likes and Baby Piggy is on the phone with her agent saying "What do you mean they went animated and already cast my part? We just wrapped 5 minutes ago!"....."I gotta get a better agent."

If they weng super meta I could see it working. If its legit just about finding Rowlf in the 80s.... eh...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think this series has some potential.

The idea of it taking place after the Muppets Take Manhattan sounds pretty cool. And yeah, it’s to be expected to go on Disney’s streaming site. I mean, this is DISNEY we’re talking about. The company that thinks they’re above everyone else. :shifty:

MWoO

Reaction score
I think this series has some potential.

The idea of it taking place after the Muppets Take Manhattan sounds pretty cool. And yeah, it’s to be expected to go on Disney’s streaming site. I mean, this is DISNEY we’re talking about. The company that thinks they’re above everyone else. :shifty:
This is Netflix and Hulu blow back. Media companies allowed Netflix to grow huge and lost money on home media sales. So they decided to do their own service. Disney isn't the first media company to do it and they won't be the last but they are the biggest.

DC did it already, CBS put Star Trek behind a paywall, and now Disney will. The only real work around is to cancel one sub, sign up for another and watch what you want, then cancel again and sign up for another, rinse and repeat.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
So far, this sounds like the most absolute lazy repetitive concept I have ever heard from the Muppets. I am usually one of the first to support and "give it a chance", but if the idea of Kermit disbanding the group is true, I will be mad! It won't make sense. The major plot point in MTM was that he disband the group. I wrote this in response to article on FB about it too...

-Muppets graduate college
-They move to NYC to "make it on Broadway".
-Kermit freaks out and insists they all go their separate ways.
-They all live their own lives all over the country.
-Kerm eventually finds a producer to back the show.
-He arranges for the gang to get back together to put on the show.
-They put on the show and "make it" with a successful production.

NOW...Kermit is going to disband the gang again!!!!?!?!?!?!?
And then try and, what, get everyone back together because Rowlf goes missing? I'm gonna need more. I don't mind it taking place after MTM, but it needs to be more unique and really worth it. Also, I'm so sick of the "getting the Muppets back together" concept. Over it!

(stepping off soapbox)

MWoO

Reaction score
So far, this sounds like the most absolute lazy repetitive concept I have ever heard from the Muppets. I am usually one of the first to support and "give it a chance", but if the idea of Kermit disbanding the group is true, I will be mad! It won't make sense. The major plot point in MTM was that he disband the group. I wrote this in response to article on FB about it too...

-Muppets graduate college
-They move to NYC to "make it on Broadway".
-Kermit freaks out and insists they all go their separate ways.
-They all live their own lives all over the country.
-Kerm eventually finds a producer to back the show.
-He arranges for the gang to get back together to put on the show.
-They put on the show and "make it" with a successful production.

NOW...Kermit is going to disband the gang again!!!!?!?!?!?!?
And then try and, what, get everyone back together because Rowlf goes missing? I'm gonna need more. I don't mind it taking place after MTM, but it needs to be more unique and really worth it. Also, I'm so sick of the "getting the Muppets back together" concept. Over it!

(stepping off soapbox)
I think that part of the rumor is being misinterpreted. I don't think this is suppose to be a continuation of Muppets Take Manhattan, I think this is suppose to take place after they finish filming Muppets Take Manhattan. In The Muppets 2011 the Muppets did the Muppet Show and 3 movies and disbanded after Muppets Take Manhattan filmed. The idea being that in the Muppets Take Manhattan, when Kermit says Gonzo was suppose to play the priest, that was a 4th wall break and the "real" Kermit was saying that, not the character in the movie Kermit was playing that is also named Kermit. So the "real" Piggy hired a real priest for the movie and "really" got married to Kermit. The aftermath of Kermit being tricked into "really" marrying Piggy led to the Muppets splitting.

Personally, as expressed above, I would like to see this as a show within a show, where they acknowledge that this is a show being made now that takes place back then and we get many 4th wall breaks. That could be a fun new twist and can expand on what is a very weak premise. But maybe I am giving Disney too much credit.

I think they are trying to create a Muppet Canon with The Muppets 2011 and Muppets Most Wanted. It seems the show will be within that canon and that is why they will need to split right after MTM finishes being filmed. But... They get immediately back together, ignoring that plot point so they can do a show in canon with the 2 Disney movies. The problem is if that is the plan they will have to end it with them splitting apart again which is a real downer for the show to end on.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
Oh yeah, sure, dump it on a streaming service that less people have than major streaming services like Netflix and Hulu. Yeah, that's sure to reel in the masses who have been wanting to see a new major Muppet project.
It's going to be on the same said streaming service where ALL Disney content is moving, so it is the place. Stingy, but it's where things are moving.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
The real question is, will this be the acyial llot of the show or will this be a show within a show? Will this be the modern day Muppets acting in a show that takes place in th 80s, meaning we will see "backstage" stuff and meta jokes, or are they really just doing a show where Rowlf is lost in the 80s and that's it. Personally, I want a show witjin a show with meta jokes.

Kermit has a scene where he makes a call, pulls out a modern cell phone, the director yells cut a d reminds him the show takes place in the 80s and hands him a giant old school flip phone and Kermit can barely hold.

Piggy fights with the hairdresser who tries to give her a perm and Piggy says that was the worst hair style she ever had and refuses. Next scene we see her with a bad wig that doesnt cover her "actual" hair right.

We see that the Muppet Babies were child actor look a likes and Baby Piggy is on the phone with her agent saying "What do you mean they went animated and already cast my part? We just wrapped 5 minutes ago!"....."I gotta get a better agent."

If they weng super meta I could see it working. If its legit just about finding Rowlf in the 80s.... eh...
Write this show, please. Thx.