Little things we've noticed

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Despite his love for boomerang fish, for whatever reason, Lew Zealand suddenly had an affinity for paper towels in GMC.

MWoO

Reaction score
Plus you need something to clean up all that hot mustard that Floyd wanted tonuse to eat through the bars and wipe you hands after eating the popcorn Scooter was selling.

Speaking of which, ever notice that Scooter has a scene/line/joke where he is specifically dealing with popcorn in the first 3 Muppet movies?

TMM - He is selling fresh organic popcorn, only a buck, at the start of the movie.

GMC - He is selling red hot popcorn and deliveries what may be an unintentional pun of "popcorn, chicken?"

MTM - He is working in a movie theater handing out 3D glasses while the Chef throws popcorn around cause its "popin en dur face in da 3D!" Causing Palisades to release an Usher Scooter with a popcorn machine.

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
When the "Coming Soon on Sesame Street" teaser ends right as Big Bird is about to say "Toodle-oo", the pink things on the TV set look like the Looney Tunes rings. Even as a kid I noticed that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently I saw the Sing-Along video Things That Fly, where the main plot is that Kermit and Lindy want to help an alien get home. But throughout the video,as Kermit and Lindy look for ways to get her back home, she doesn't seem to be with them much, only popping up randomly in many of the musical numbers. I would have thought we'd see Norberta with them more when they learn about the things that fly. Heck, I kept wondering if the ending would be similar to the Bugs Bunny short 8 Ball Bunny, with the aliens home actually being on earth (but it looks like she does live on another planet, though her mom picks her up in a car as they head to a space station or something).

Lindy seems similar to Walter (when I saw the covers for Muppets on Wheels and Things That Fly I thought he resembled PJ, I wonder if they reused the same puppet), not to mention Scooter. I kinda feel Robin would have been better for this. But this reminds me of The Nostalgia Critic's review of A Muppet Family Christmas, where for some reason he says there's a reason they replaced Robin with "orange you", showing an image of Walter, who I don't think is too orange or a replacement for Robin (and we have seen Robin since). In my mind I've kinda wondered if he was actually thinking of Lindy, though it's doubtful Doug Walker would have watched a Muppet sing-along video.

The back cover was recently posted on Muppet Wiki, and I noticed it said the video features "your favorite Muppets" (I can't really remember if it says "all your favorite Muppets"). So they're assuming Kermit is our only favorite Muppet, or that Lindy was many peoples favorite (did Muppets on Wheels sell REALLY well?), since it doesn't really have any other familiar Muppets. Steve Whitmire is the only core Muppet performer in this (having come before Bill Barretta started to get his own characters), but I wonder if they were all busy or if they chose to just leave them out. I have kinda wondered if other familiar characters would have fit, I kinda feel that the scenes with the kids could have used Fozzie, Gonzo, Rizzo, Robin, Bean Bunny, and maybe Animal, Bunsen, Beaker, and The Swedish Chef. I feel it might have been odd to see other familiar characters just appear as passengers on the plane (well, odd without them interacting with Kermit), but maybe some fairly obscure/fairly familiar characters (like The Newsman or Lew Zealand) could have been there as extras.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Often times whenever Jim performed characters, he would end sentences with a slightly mumbled, "ya see?" (Similar to stereotypical Canadians ending their sentences with, "eh?") Even Kermit wasn't immune to this on occasion.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For years I've noticed the "Cameo Guest Stars" credit in The Muppets Take Manhattan is different from in the previous two movies, which both list all celebrities under there with no other heading (of course, The Great Muppet Caper doesn't have many celebrity cameos). But the cameos in MTM are listed with "Cameo Guest Stars", then there's a "Surprise Cameos" listing, and then a "with" at the very end.

For years I wondered about the "Surprise Cameos", since the opening credits don't list any performers. Of course I eventually figured that those celebrities might not have been announced in advertising, they might have been intended to surprise the audience, and their scenes are rather short, especially compared to the celebrities listed between "Cameo Guest Stars" and "Surprise Cameos".

Also, on the original video cover (and I assume one of the original posters), we don't see these surprise cameos, nor are they listed in that "credits thing" on the poster/video box. Only the six celebrities listed under "Cameo Guest Stars" are listed (in contrast to The Muppet Movie poster/VHS cover which shows all of the cameo guest stars).

All these years I've thought "with" was just meant to be part of the "Surprise Cameos", maybe just more of those, I didn't think too much of why there might be a "with", but a few weeks ago it hit me: Most of those cameos listed under "with" are not people who were active as actors. They list the mayor of New York (Edward Koch), the owner of a restaurant (Vincent Sardi), and a director (John Landis). The only one with regular acting experience was Frances Bergan, I don't know if she was a particularly famous actress/celebrity, but she is notable as the wife of Edgar Bergan and mother of Candice Bergan.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

WAH! JIM GOT DA SHAP OF KERMET'S HED WRONG!!!111!z12 HE ABSOLUTELY RUINED TEH CHARCTER11!!!!!1! HE NEEDS 2 B RECAST RITE NOW!!KJHGT^&*IUYTRFDCBGHIPYBKUINHUB FCY^UIHJGFDR%^&