What made you roll your eyes today thread?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Finding out that one of my friends is an avid conspiracy theorist. Apparently he believes the following ridiculous theories:

-Most celebrities and politicians are alien lizard people in disguise. That is honestly the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I mean come on, where the **** did he even get that idea from? I remember a Robot Chicken sketch revolving around Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears secretly being lizard-like beings. Maybe he saw that comedy sketch and somehow believed it to be real lol.

-Kanye West isn't crazy and he's just exaggerating and basically trolling people when she says weird, nonsensical things. Remember that this is the same guy who claimed the slavery was a choice we're talking about here. Saying that Kanye West is normal is about as ridiculous as saying that Chris-Chan is normal.

-George W. Bush caused 9/11. Which is probably the most offensive and shocking conspiracy I've ever heard in my entire life.

-He claims that he had been abducted by aliens in the past. He told me all about the weird creatures he met while "astral projecting" which tbh, I believe is just a fancy term for lucid dreams myself. One of the creatures he described to me looks like ALF of all things. Yeah, cool story bro.

-The kid's show Saved By The Bell was created to recruit young people to the church of Satan for some ridiculous reason. I know tons of millennials who grew up watching Saved By The Bell and pretty much all of them are Christians. Yeah, I think that pokes a serious hole in your logic right there buddy.

-He told me about this episode of America's Funniest Home Videos he supposedly viewed as a child that showed a brown, transparent alien creature popping out of a kid's birthday cake. The alien allegedly looked at the camera and made a lizard-like tongue movement afterwards. I think he probably just misremembered that. I remember tons of episodes of AFV where fake aliens were used to prank people in the clips. Maybe his young mind couldn't comprehend that the alien on screen was plastic and he somehow developed a false memory of it coming to life. That's happened plenty of times before with TV shows. YouTube's Reitanna Seishin was once convinced that she saw the fictitious creepypasta show, Candle Cove as a child but she then confirmed later on that it was probably just a vivid dream or something like that.

-Avril Lavigne is actually dead and the Avril we see nowadays is a clone of her created by the CIA. As Avril Lavigne herself would say in response to that theory,

"Why you gotta go and make everything so complicated?"

-Elvis Presley is still alive and planning a huge comeback at some point despite the fact that he's been dead since the 1970s and we're almost in the 2020s right now.

So.....I definitely am still friends with that person (who I'm not going to say the name of for privacy reasons) but I can't help but feel a little disturbed/weirded out by the things he claims to be true.

I certainly believe in some things that some people would find silly and unrealistic. God, Jesus, Heaven, H***, Noah's Ark, and so on. But what worries me about those things in particular is that I noticed a pattern there:Except for the Elvis one, nearly every conspiracy was focusing entirely on the negative.

My belief in the supernatural centers around an all-loving God, his belief revolves around scenes straight out of horror movies involving lizard people, Satanic propaganda hidden in innocent kid's shows, monsters, spreading offensive information about the September 11th tragedy, and beloved singer Avril Lavigne being dead.

The unusual focus on negative and creepy things sounds almost cult-like in nature to me and I don't believe that such thoughts are healthy to dwell on for a prolonged amount of time like he does.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I applied for my local supermarket cause they are hiring, and when I finished everything online, it just redirected me back to the page and I didn’t even see an email notification.

So yeah. Kinda doubt i’ll get it but hey, work life, right? :smile:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So I applied for my local supermarket cause they are hiring, and when I finished everything online, it just redirected me back to the page and I didn’t even see an email notification.

So yeah. Kinda doubt i’ll get it but hey, work life, right? :smile:
What position?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Hoping to get part time center position (pretty much helping out in the customer service area).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I ended up un-liking the Bill Cosby Facebook fan page because 1), I just have no respect for him as a person anymore (still a good comedian/actor in my eyes), but 2), the fact that the owner is practically blind by his crimes.

Which brings me to this point.

I was looking at comments and seeing how people were practically defending the guy in spite of being guiilty of drugging women for his sexual pleasures.

I mean..... really???

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Given this is what Trump's supporters do for him all the time, does this really surprise you?

Schfifty

Reaction score
I guess it's a bit varied with people like him. On one hand, he was Mr. Huxtable, he was the PicturePages guy, he was the drive behind Little Bill...he was the African-American dad that many folks and kids looked up to. On the other hand, he's now a criminal who's admitted to the drugging and sexual assaults, and spending his time in prison (hopefully mulling over his wrongdoings).

Still just sad what happened with him and how it ended this way, and I liked him on those PicturePages segments he did long ago. I still watch some of those occasionally to see how good of an educator he was. Seemed to really care about the kids.