Disney Muppet Babies Season 1 Episode 19a - The Best, Best Friend

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 19a - The Best, Best Friend
Disney Channel Premiere: February 15, 2019

In “The Best, Best Friend”, Fozzie fears he might be losing his best friend, Kermit, when Rowlf the Dog shows up in the Playroom and wins everyone over.

Please Note: Disney Channel has begun airing new episodes of Muppet Babies in 15 minute blocks instead of one half-hour episode. So for example, a new episode, "The Best, Best Friend" premieres at 9:00 am CST and an older episode, "Planet Gonzo" airs at 9:15 am.

Next week when "The Best, Best Friend" repeats on Tuesday and Thursday, a different episode will air with it as well. Disney has apparently made this change for scheduling flexibility.

If you've seen "The Best, Best Friend", please like this post and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
For some reason, Disney Channel only showed the Rowlf episode. I really liked the duet with Kermit and Rowlf hearkening back to I Hope that Something Better comes Along. I think Matt Danner does a very good Rowlf voice.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason, Disney Channel only showed the Rowlf episode.
Yes, Disney Channel has begun airing Muppet Babies in 15 minute blocks instead of one half-hour episode. So for example, "The Best, Best Friend" premiered at 9:00 am CST and at 9:15 am "Planet Gonzo" aired afterwards. Next week when "The Best, Best Friend" repeats on Tuesday and Thursday, a different episode will air with it as well. Disney has apparently made this change for scheduling flexibility.

Erine81981

Reaction score
For some reason my satellite service on the guide didn't show there was going to be a new episode (which I always set my receiver to record new episodes) and it didn't show up on my DVR. Now I'm really MAD! I don't have the Disney Junior channel anymore but I'm hoping they haven't stop showing them on the regular Disney Channel.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason my satellite service on the guide didn't show there was going to be a new episode (which I always set my receiver to record new episodes) and it didn't show up on my DVR. Now I'm really MAD! I don't have the Disney Junior channel anymore but I'm hoping they haven't stop showing them on the regular Disney Channel.
Don't worry. As far as we know, Muppet Babies will continue to air on the main Disney Channel for the foreseeable future. It's done very well in the ratings and has been renewed for a second season.

My hunch is that your DVR is using guide data provided by Rovi (which purchased Tivo in 2016). Guide data provided by Gracenote is much more reliable.

Here are Gracenote's upcoming listings for Muppet Babies. You'll see that "The Best, Best Friend" reairs next Tuesday and Thursday.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Don't worry. As far as we know, Muppet Babies will continue to air on the main Disney Channel for the foreseeable future. It's done very well in the ratings and has been renewed for a second season.

My hunch is that your DVR is using guide data provided by Rovi (which purchased Tivo in 2016). Guide data provided by Gracenote is much more reliable.

Here are Gracenote's upcoming listings for Muppet Babies. You'll see that "The Best, Best Friend" reairs next Tuesday and Thursday.
Thank you Phil! I can always rely on you to be such a good guy to help out his members. I'll keep an eye out. I really am enjoying these episodes. To me it's more of a continuing version of the older show to me that is.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Gotta love Rowlf's new outfit and piano, which is more of a synthesizer/DJ turntable this time. With him returning, Scooter and Skeeter shouldn't be too far behind! :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
My Dish Network guide shows Muppet Babies but they are all reruns of episodes I have already seen. The Episode with Rowlf (which they only are doing 15 minutes) still hasn't shown on any of the Disney Channel Mornings. I do trades with a certain some one and that's how he get most related stuff of the Muppets. I even searched on the satellite receiver and all it shows are episodes I already have. That is one of the reasons I watch for anything Muppet related to get to see new stuff of the Muppets plus to add it to my collection of stuff I have recorded from. I'm getting a little antsy but I know (hopefully) that Disney Channel will start showing newer episodes and not reruns.

Phil had told me that Tuesday and Thursday will repeat it and not what it shows on my channel. I mean unless they are showing it and my guide shows something else is showing in it's place. Don't know but I'll get happy in the same pants I got antsy in. Sorry for the rant.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Dish Network guide shows Muppet Babies but they are all reruns of episodes I have already seen. The Episode with Rowlf (which they only are doing 15 minutes) still hasn't shown on any of the Disney Channel Mornings. I do trades with a certain some one and that's how he get most related stuff of the Muppets. I even searched on the satellite receiver and all it shows are episodes I already have. That is one of the reasons I watch for anything Muppet related to get to see new stuff of the Muppets plus to add it to my collection of stuff I have recorded from. I'm getting a little antsy but I know (hopefully) that Disney Channel will start showing newer episodes and not reruns.

Phil had told me that Tuesday and Thursday will repeat it and not what it shows on my channel. I mean unless they are showing it and my guide shows something else is showing in it's place. Don't know but I'll get happy in the same pants I got antsy in. Sorry for the rant.
TV guide data is provided by two different companies in the US, Gracenote (formerly Tribune) and Rovi (which purchased Tivo in 2016). Gracenote's metadata is much more accurate. As was suspected, Dish Network uses the guide data from Rovi.

Look at Gracenote's upcoming listings for Muppet Babies to tell when new episodes will air. As you'll see, "The Best, Best Friend" is scheduled to reair again next Wednesday February 27. Your Dish Network guide data probably shows that "Puppy Dog Pals" is airing for an hour instead on that day.

If Gracenote's on-line guide shows an episode you want to see, be sure to set your DVR for that day regardless of what Dish Network's guide shows. As you probably know, first run episodes usually air on Fridays.

Hope it helps.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score

https://disneynow.go.com/shows/muppet-babies Just choose Dish and it shouldn't give you any issue.

There's also three more episodes on there, including an Xmas episode?