Most Annoying TV Series Ever?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Okay, I've officially stopped watching Saturday Night Live basically for the same reasons I quit watching Robot Chicken. Here's why:

1. It's WAY too politically preachy. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Donald Trump at all. I think he's a terrible president but at the same time I don't watch comedy shows to see people hate on Trump, I watch them to laugh and be entertained. The Trump "jokes" on this show are just watching the actors hate on him without actually being the least bit clever or witty about it. It's ironic how they bash Trump in the most brutal ways imaginable, sometimes even making personal attacks on him. You know who ELSE likes to make brutal, personal attacks on people he doesn't like? Donald Trump. While they claim to be against him, they seem to have stooped to Trump's level of tastelessness. I don't like it when the president says those types of things so naturally, I don't like it when SNL does that either.

2. There's way too many weird skits. When the show isn't shoving it's politic views as far down the viewer's throats as it can go without choking them, they are producing some of the most bizarre and pointless comedy sketches I've ever seen. Some of the weirdest examples I can think of off hand include a daddy dog show where the contests were all human fathers, Christmas ornaments talking to each other, a parody of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song that ended in a drive by shooting (?), a Stranger Things sketch about Eleven's powers being used to do pretty inappropriate things, a Snow White parody where The Wicked Queen tells a man that he will be losing five inches off his p*nis if he wants to kiss the princess, a family getting into an argument about what Shrek movie is the best one for no reason at the Thanksgiving dinner table, and a parody of Revenge of the Nerds that was really just an excuse for Jason Momoa to show off his impersonation of The Ogre shouting "NEEEEEEERRRRRRDDDDDDSSSSSS!" in the iconic comedy movie as opposed to an actual sketch.

-Juvenile humor. Modern SNL despite being a supposed "adult" show is loaded to the brim with poop, pee, vomit, sex, m*sturb*tion, vomit, snot, puberty, and boob jokes as well as cussing just for the sake of cussing. It's odd how despite SNL being made for people older than I am, I've thought before "I would've only found that funny when I was 7-years-old" while watching some of the skits that contain a ridiculous amount of toilet, sexual, and cuss word-related humor.

-So many of the jokes are totally offensive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some kind of SJW who thinks it's wrong to make fun of anything offensive. Stuff like racial stereotypes, religious jokes, gay jokes, and depending on the context Hitler jokes don't bother me at all. But SNL goes WAY too far and will literally make fun of any sensitive topic. It's hard to imagine the actors even saying some of these lines in good conscience. Parkland Shooting jokes, a parody of the time Chris Brown beat up Rihanna, making fun of some politician who has Down's Syndrome, jokes about picking up girls at a concentration camp, Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein sexual assault jokes, ISIS jokes, and references to people having sex with animals is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the highly insensitive and shocking things SNL has included. They've even said the N-word uncensored in certain episodes lately. It's just a very cruel and mean spirited show that will take any offensive subject, no matter how sensitive, and pick it on in the darkest ways imaginable.

-No recurring characters. The original SNL had such classics as Hanz and Franz, Wayne and Garth, Drunk Uncle, Church Lady, Debbie Downer, Mr. Robinson, Matt the motivational speaker who says "IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!" a lot, Rosanne Rosanadana, and the hilariously violent cartoon character Mr. Bill. But nowadays there are no recurring original characters whatsoever. Just a bunch of one-off skits. Maybe if they had some original content as opposed to just pure randomness, I may like the new episodes a little better than I do.

Although not everything on new SNL is bad. I've seen some skits here and there that were rather funny and felt like the classic episodes. But as time went on, the show became less creative and more reliant on shock/surreal humor. I think that just like Robot Chicken and The Simpsons, SNL has run it's course. It's been going on for WAAAAAYYYY too long and the golden era of SNL is about as far away as possible right now.

One of the only things that I truly respect the new episodes for isn't even a comedy sketch. It's the time they had Jason Aldean (who just witnessed a mass shooting at his concert) guest star on the show and do a tribute to the late Tom Petty who died one day earlier. As a fan of both Jason Aldean and Tom Petty, I thought this was wonderful to see and actually made me shed a few tears. That was a terrible time period for the music era;losing Tom Petty and having Jason Aldean suffer so badly within the same week. But SNL gave me hope for the future and kind of made me feel better because trust me, both of those sad things happened to singers I enjoy within a short amount of time was way too much for me to bare and gave me serious anxiety for a while. But thankfully Jason Aldean's appearance on this otherwise poor quality show helped ease my nerves about the whole situation a bit:
I can never 100 percent hate any show that does something as awesome as that. Bringing the music of two great artists together in a very heartwarming and uplifting way during such a dark period. That definitely deserves some credit right there.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, given that Hollywood is fairly liberal to begin with, it just doesn’t come off as a surprise that Trump is made fun of in every comedy show now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Once again, here's the thing: SNL is an equal opportunity offender, they make fun of everybody, and since their humor is topical, of course politics is going to be a go-to subject for them. They're making fun of Trump a lot right now because he's "president" right now (and a terrible president at that) . . . but remember, in years past, they've made fun of not just Obama, but other Democratic politicians as well: the 2008 election was very much fodder for them.

For an entire season, SNL made of Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton (Bill as a fame whore, Hillary as a narcissist who wanted to be the first woman president in history), Joe Biden (as a coniving scheme), Al Gore (obsessive compulsive about global warming), John Edwards (an ambulance chaser), Bill Richardson (playing up being half-Mexican and wanting to be Hillary's running mate), Dennis Kucinich (a little girly man), and Mike Gravel (an old, mentally unstable lunatic). They also made fun of the male politicians acting like a bunch of sexist bullies against Hillary, and they also made fun of mainstream media (yes, SNL made fun of mainstream media) for showing biased favoritism towards Hillary.

Once we have a new president, regardless of who they are, SNL will probably make fun of them as well - maybe not as much, because of all the damage Trump has been doing, anybody would more competent than him at this point. Nobody is off-limits.
And Flaky Pudding, be honest, you say you don't watch those shows anymore, but surely you still do, they're all you ever talk about.

Princeton

Reaction score
^^^For what it's worth, I liked the Christmas Ornaments sketch. As far as SNL's treatment of Trump goes*, two things: 1) They're kinder to him than Stephen Colbert is. 2) When Darrell Hammond was a regular cast member waay before Trump was president, he was the resident Trump impersonator and did a pretty decent job. With the passing of Don Pardo, Hammond is now the official SNL announcer. So why can't he go back to being the resident Trump impersonator? Certainly he could do it better than Baldwin.
*I don't mind us getting into politics but as the creator of this thread, I encourage everyone to tread lightly. We've been doing a good job so far so let's just keep it up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When Darrell Hammond was a regular cast member waay before Trump was president, he was the resident Trump impersonator and did a pretty decent job. With the passing of Don Pardo, Hammond is now the official SNL announcer. So why can't he go back to being the resident Trump impersonator? Certainly he could do it better than Baldwin.
And Frank Caliendo was even better than both of them, IMO; but, he was a MADtv castmember, not SNL.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Okay, I've officially stopped watching Saturday Night Live basically for the same reasons I quit watching Robot Chicken. Here's why:

1. It's WAY too politically preachy. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Donald Trump at all. I think he's a terrible president but at the same time I don't watch comedy shows to see people hate on Trump, I watch them to laugh and be entertained. The Trump "jokes" on this show are just watching the actors hate on him without actually being the least bit clever or witty about it. It's ironic how they bash Trump in the most brutal ways imaginable, sometimes even making personal attacks on him. You know who ELSE likes to make brutal, personal attacks on people he doesn't like? Donald Trump. While they claim to be against him, they seem to have stooped to Trump's level of tastelessness. I don't like it when the president says those types of things so naturally, I don't like it when SNL does that either.

2. There's way too many weird skits. When the show isn't shoving it's politic views as far down the viewer's throats as it can go without choking them, they are producing some of the most bizarre and pointless comedy sketches I've ever seen. Some of the weirdest examples I can think of off hand include a daddy dog show where the contests were all human fathers, Christmas ornaments talking to each other, a parody of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song that ended in a drive by shooting (?), a Stranger Things sketch about Eleven's powers being used to do pretty inappropriate things, a Snow White parody where The Wicked Queen tells a man that he will be losing five inches off his p*nis if he wants to kiss the princess, a family getting into an argument about what Shrek movie is the best one for no reason at the Thanksgiving dinner table, and a parody of Revenge of the Nerds that was really just an excuse for Jason Momoa to show off his impersonation of The Ogre shouting "NEEEEEEERRRRRRDDDDDDSSSSSS!" in the iconic comedy movie as opposed to an actual sketch.

-Juvenile humor. Modern SNL despite being a supposed "adult" show is loaded to the brim with poop, pee, vomit, sex, m*sturb*tion, vomit, snot, puberty, and boob jokes as well as cussing just for the sake of cussing. It's odd how despite SNL being made for people older than I am, I've thought before "I would've only found that funny when I was 7-years-old" while watching some of the skits that contain a ridiculous amount of toilet, sexual, and cuss word-related humor.

-So many of the jokes are totally offensive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some kind of SJW who thinks it's wrong to make fun of anything offensive. Stuff like racial stereotypes, religious jokes, gay jokes, and depending on the context Hitler jokes don't bother me at all. But SNL goes WAY too far and will literally make fun of any sensitive topic. It's hard to imagine the actors even saying some of these lines in good conscience. Parkland Shooting jokes, a parody of the time Chris Brown beat up Rihanna, making fun of some politician who has Down's Syndrome, jokes about picking up girls at a concentration camp, Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein sexual assault jokes, ISIS jokes, and references to people having sex with animals is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the highly insensitive and shocking things SNL has included. They've even said the N-word uncensored in certain episodes lately. It's just a very cruel and mean spirited show that will take any offensive subject, no matter how sensitive, and pick it on in the darkest ways imaginable.

-No recurring characters. The original SNL had such classics as Hanz and Franz, Wayne and Garth, Drunk Uncle, Church Lady, Debbie Downer, Mr. Robinson, Matt the motivational speaker who says "IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!" a lot, Rosanne Rosanadana, and the hilariously violent cartoon character Mr. Bill. But nowadays there are no recurring original characters whatsoever. Just a bunch of one-off skits. Maybe if they had some original content as opposed to just pure randomness, I may like the new episodes a little better than I do.

Although not everything on new SNL is bad. I've seen some skits here and there that were rather funny and felt like the classic episodes. But as time went on, the show became less creative and more reliant on shock/surreal humor. I think that just like Robot Chicken and The Simpsons, SNL has run it's course. It's been going on for WAAAAAYYYY too long and the golden era of SNL is about as far away as possible right now.

One of the only things that I truly respect the new episodes for isn't even a comedy sketch. It's the time they had Jason Aldean (who just witnessed a mass shooting at his concert) guest star on the show and do a tribute to the late Tom Petty who died one day earlier. As a fan of both Jason Aldean and Tom Petty, I thought this was wonderful to see and actually made me shed a few tears. That was a terrible time period for the music era;losing Tom Petty and having Jason Aldean suffer so badly within the same week. But SNL gave me hope for the future and kind of made me feel better because trust me, both of those sad things happened to singers I enjoy within a short amount of time was way too much for me to bare and gave me serious anxiety for a while. But thankfully Jason Aldean's appearance on this otherwise poor quality show helped ease my nerves about the whole situation a bit:
I can never 100 percent hate any show that does something as awesome as that. Bringing the music of two great artists together in a very heartwarming and uplifting way during such a dark period. That definitely deserves some credit right there.
So I decided to check out SNL again tonight and personally I take back everything I said about it.

I was thinking WAY too far into things when I posted it.

In regards to the political content, the show's equally opportunity. Sure some of the sketches are a bit weird at times but there's nothing wrong with that. Personally, considering the show is a comedy I'd be a bit disappointed if it was NORMAL lol.

I think the main reason that the SNL stuff was off putting to me is because it's a live action series featuring gags that would feel more at home in an animated show.

The Christmas ornament joke I mentioned before would've without a doubt cracked me up if it was on something like The Simpsons because I'd expect that kind of bizarre humor from a cartoon. How many times have you heard someone use the age old,

"It's just a cartoon. It's not supposed to make sense!"

excuse to defend the weirdness of one of their favorite shows.

So seeing SNL bring these abstract and cartoony concepts to life kind of weirded me out at first. But now that I think about it. There's nothing wrong with them doing that.

The whole "logic is nonexistent" thing doesn't apply to only cartoons. Think of how strange Monty Python was.

So when I bashed SNL for being "weird" and "politically preachy", I wasn't looking at the show in the right frame of mind.

I now feel silly for ever posting that longwinded rant and if I could delete it, that post would be as dead as the dinosaurs right now.

Man, what's wrong with me? Why do I ALWAYS end up regretting the things that I post online? No seriously, I've posted some things that are so weird on this site and others that they would make Gary Busey himself cringe. How do I not have an Encyclopedia Dramatica page about myself yet? lol.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Well, someone already said "Teen Titans Go!", so I'll think of something else.

Are you allowed to like an annoying show? If so, as much as I like "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show", past a certain point, it annoys me. And its super cringy.

Actually, the Zelda show annoys me more. I think its the voices that annoy me the most.

"Well ex-cuuuuuuuse me, princess!" Has become more of a meme than a lovable quote.