Elmo's World vs. Elmo the Musical vs. Elmo's World (2017)

Which Elmo segment was better?

• Total voters

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Which segment do you guys think is the best one? I grew up on Elmo's world so I would pick that one. But Elmo the musical was also really good.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Elmo's World was very enjoyable when it first came out, but, eh, after a couple of years or so, it did start growing a little stale (and Elmo's ever-growing over-inflation wasn't helping).

Elmo the Musical was just a way to capitalize on the big popularity of musicals in general when almost all of mainstream entertainment was all about musicals.

The updated Elmo's World is just bland and dull.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Elmo's World was very enjoyable when it first came out, but, eh, after a couple of years or so, it did start growing a little stale (and Elmo's ever-growing over-inflation wasn't helping).

Elmo the Musical was just a way to capitalize on the big popularity of musicals in general when almost all of mainstream entertainment was all about musicals.

The updated Elmo's World is just bland and dull.
I totally agree Snowth! I really think Elmo's World was really good. I also really enjoyed Elmo the Musical. Yeah the new Elmo's World is like the current season way to quick, dull, and boring.

BertFan

Reaction score
The first time I saw the new Elmo's world I was like this is not the Elmo's world that I remember.

Any Del

Reaction score
The classic Elmo's World episodes (1998 - 2003) were enjoyable. But from 2004 - 2009 I didn't like the change in animation for the furniture. It felt so lazy and cheap.

Some episodes of Elmo the Musical were alright.

Elmo's World (2016 re-edits): Interesting to see those classics again with alternate music scores but the cropping is bad similar to some international releases.

Elmo's World (2017): Dull and extremely lazy.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The original Elmo's World was enjoyable, but I agree that after season 32 it started to grow a bit stale.

Elmo The Musical, I actually found really enjoyable most of the time. The production values were great, the songs were catchy, and unlike EW, it had actual stories and stuff. But then in season 45, I think the writing was pretty sub-par, and coupled with the fact that Ryan hadn't fully settled into the role of Elmo yet made it a dull watch. And in season 46, it's final season, the segments got way too short and rushed.

Newer Elmo's World, well, I just don't find it enjoyable. The segments are way too short and rushed, the funny one-liners and quirky characters are basically non-existent, the production design is meh. The whole thing over all just feels less lively than the original. Frankly, I just wish that they would do away with the rule that they have to have an Elmo segment at the end of every single episode.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
The original Elmo's World was enjoyable, but I agree that after season 32 it started to grow a bit stale.
Elmo The Musical, I actually found really enjoyable most of the time. The production values were great, the songs were catchy, and unlike EW, it had actual stories and stuff. But then in season 45, I think the writing was pretty sub-par, and coupled with the fact that Ryan hadn't fully settled into the role of Elmo yet made it a dull watch. And in season 46, it's final season, the segments got way too short and rushed.

Newer Elmo's World, well, I just don't find it enjoyable. The segments are way too short and rushed, the funny one-liners and quirky characters are basically non-existent, the production design is meh. The whole thing over all just feels less lively than the original. Frankly, I just wish that they would do away with the rule that they have to have an Elmo segment at the end of every single episode.
I agree. I wonder how sesame street could make elmos world better?

datman24

Reaction score
Not that my opinion really matters, but neither.