Boy, is this forum dead today or what?

Misskermie

Reaction score
We're having a bad couple of weeks; even just a month ago this place was much more active. We also have a discord now, which is lowering general forum chat.
Jeez, what a time to come back. Maybe things will pick up now that Sesame Street has an anniversary, and Frank Oz sayin' some things. Its not much, And its not all positive, but maybe it'll spike more discussion around here.

Also, I know I should know what this is because its used a lot in gaming, but what is Discord exactly? I never actually looked into it because I thought it was strictly webchat for gamers. Now I'm not sure hearing we have one here.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Also, I know I should know what this is because its used a lot in gaming, but what is Discord exactly? I never actually looked into it because I thought it was strictly webchat for gamers. Now I'm not sure hearing we have one here.
discord was originally meant to be a voice chat for gamers and it is still heavily focused on gaming, but now it's evolved into a skype replacement with the ability to join what are essentially public chat rooms centered on various topics. you dont have to though. you can just add people as friends and talk to those people privately

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh and, where's LittleJerry been lately?
Taking another one of his Obama vacations from the forum right now. :stick_out_tongue:

Pardon me if I dont hold my breath.

We passed two major anniversaries since this movie was "in production". We are on our 3rd president since it was announced. Children have been born and graduated elementary school since it was announced.

I'll believe it when I see the credits roll in the theater.
This was my exact attitude until I saw the 2011 movie in theaters: too many times Disney had shelved various different Muppet projects that were supposedly in the works, like a Halloween special, a pilot for a new series, among other things, so I wasn't prepared to get excited over something with the possibility of it not happening anyway.

And boy, did this entire forum lash out at me for it.

"Dude! Stop being such a cynical pessimist! You alone are literally ruining this entire forum for everybody with your negativity! The movie will happen, the movie will be good, and you will see how wrong you are!"
We also have a discord now, which is lowering general forum chat.
Yeah, that's still where I'm pinning much of the blame.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Somehow I doubt the deadness of this forum when I keep getting multiple new member registration notifications as a staff member that are up to the system to approve/allow to start posting. :confused:

gravy

Reaction score
Yeah, that's still where I'm pinning much of the blame.
Perhaps it should be taken into account that it's more easily accessible, more young-uns use Discord over forums nowadays, and it doesn't take 6 months to be allowed to speak. The forums were bound to die out at some point, no?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Even then I wouldn't be surprised if this place came back to life and that this is just a lull.