The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I grew up with the shapes as well, so I don't remember a time where the round pieces pre-dated the shapes.

I wonder if "Classic Trix" would taste good, though? Because, again, Trix has had a really rancid aftertaste in recent years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I do believe I've finally found my absolute favorite Google Chrome theme.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Night Time in New York City.

I not only love the wallpaper that comes with it on the homepage, but I also love the color scheme and gradient of the window header, tabs, and toolbars.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really can't put my finger on just what it is, but lately I've been thinking about it, and there's definitely something "different" about David Rudman's Cookie Monster from Frank Oz's Cookie Monster, but I just don't know what. And no, it's not "the voice," because of course the performers aren't going to sound 100% alike, but there's something about Cookie's personality and demeanor that seems different among the two performers. Like, I'm not sure if I could see Frank's Cookie doing something like Monster Foodies, for example.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Nah, I feel that, noticed a bit of personality change myself in David’s cookie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm almost reluctant to say that there's a childlike quality to David's Cookie that Frank's didn't necessarily have, because I'm not exactly sure that's what it is, but that is kind of what it feels like.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Frank's Cookie Monster feels more... primitive. He feels more like a monster and less like someone that kids want to hang out with. And yeah, he seems more childlike and I don't think Cookie Monster would be as popular today if it weren't for Rudman's portrayal.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not sure if primitive is quite the word I would use, however, I feel there's certainly more of an explicit ageless-ness to the character's demeanor with Frank: he's just a monster who loves his cookies (and to eat in general). Given the segments we've had in recent years, it's easy to imagine Frank's Cookie in Crumby Pictures, since those are far more parodic in nature with the education being more of an undertone; with Smart Cookies and Monster Foodies, where the education is more forefront, and Cookie has to learn about things, it's harder to imagine Frank's Cookie feeling organic in those environment, as opposed to David's.

Even in that Siri commercial, I feel like if it was Frank's Cookie, he would be going ballistic having to wait for the cookies to bake, and just start ripping up the whole kitchen, and shoving almost everything into his mouth. Instead, Cookie's playing with utensils, playing puppets with his oven mits, playing with the oven light - all very much childlike amusements.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Two more things I thought to add to my point:

1. In Big Bird's Birthday, Cookie Monster goes so crazy from wanting to eat Big Bird's birthday cake, that he tries to satisfy his craving by eating anything else he can . . . which includes taking bite out of all of Sesame Street; it's perhaps one of the craziest and most manic examples we've ever seen of Cookie, but it definitely feels like something only Frank's Cookie would do - I could never imagine David's Cookie doing something like that.

2. In getting back to the Siri commercial, another reason why I can't imagine Frank's Cookie doing it is because Frank himself doesn't approve of the characters endorsing products, because he feels it compromises their purity - it wasn't that long ago on Twitter he disapproved of Miss Piggy endorsing watches (with her image on the faces of them).