When will The Muppet Show Seasons 4-5 and Muppets Tonight arrive on DVD?

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
In regards to music licensing and legal fees, apparently there is a big difference between "broadcast rights" and "home video rights."

That being said I was wondering...if Disney was to include TMS on its streaming service, would streaming services technically count as broadcast or home video rights-wise?

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
That being said I was wondering...if Disney was to include TMS on its streaming service, would streaming services technically count as broadcast or home video rights-wise?
Broadcasting rights for the most part, because the TV syndicate utilizes all the copyrights on whatever content it wants to stream online. However, it also greatly depends on where you are. Broadcasting rights have their own regulations here in the U.S. compared to, say, BBC.

Mario500

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is kidding when they say the twelfth of never. I suspect the problem was that the previous sets never sold as well as Buena Vista thought they might. People remember the Muppet Show being that series where famous guest stars played second fiddle to these bizarre puppets. They also remember the outlandish backstage plots - Glenda Jackson as a pirate, Dance Marathon, Brooke Shields as Alice in Wonderland etc. However, only those who are really familiar with the show knew what to expect with seasons one and two. Joe Public, on the other hand, didn't and was confused as to what they were seeing.

It happens with other archive TV shows on DVD and it comes about as a result of poor marketing from the distributor.
Could the creator of this message explain the part of it I had embolden?

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Usually when I hear about this topic I just roll my eyes since we will probably never get to see these seasons on DVD. But you have to remember that It costs a lot of money to make these DVD's. If you just wait a year or two we might get these DVD's

DMHFan

Reaction score
Usually when I hear about this topic I just roll my eyes since we will probably never get to see these seasons on DVD. But you have to remember that It costs a lot of money to make these DVD's. If you just wait a year or two we might get these DVD's
We could get them this fall. That's what happened with DuckTales (1987). Volume 3 was released on November 13, 2007. Then, a 10-11 year hiatus happened. Then, after waiting, Volume 4 was finally released on September 11, 2018! Maybe the same could go for The Muppet Show as well.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
We could get them this fall. That's what happened with DuckTales (1987). Volume 3 was released on November 13, 2007. Then, a 10-11 year hiatus happened. Then, after waiting, Volume 4 was finally released on September 11, 2018! Maybe the same could go for The Muppet Show as well.
yeah maybe

DMHFan

Reaction score
Today marks 11 years since Season 3 was released. Let's hope that Muppet Wiki's Facebook uploads all episodes of The Muppet Show's 5th season playing at once like they did with the 4th season of said show 3 years ago for the 8th anniversary of Season 3's release.