New Muppet series in development for Disney's 2019 streaming service

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWoO

Reaction score
All the articke says is a quick line that says "sources say" in regards to a Muppets Reboot. Nothing official has been announced at all in anyway.

Again, this could be part of a marketing ploy. They put the Muppets out there with no.project just to have them do stuff. They see how people respond, then they outline the show and annouce it.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
All the articke says is a quick line that says "sources say" in regards to a Muppets Reboot. Nothing official has been announced at all in anyway.

Again, this could be part of a marketing ploy. They put the Muppets out there with no.project just to have them do stuff. They see how people respond, then they outline the show and annouce it.
Well I just went on to www.Empireonline.com Empire Magazines website Its a great British Film and TV Magazine I subscribe too when I clicked on the article on Empire it didn't work there was an article about how the Muppets have a new show coming to Disney plus written in the last 24 hours from Cinema Blend. so I went on MSN typed in in Muppets and got a ton of recent articles on the new Muppets show.

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...ll-reportedly-connect-to-muppets-in-manhattan

https://www.slashfilm.com/new-muppets-series-on-disney/

Josh Gad is producing and heavily involved and supposedly is a sequel to Muppets Take Manhattan!

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I'd prefer a network show as well, but this is the way things are going now, so I'm just gonna go with EXCITED!! TAKE MY MUPPET LOVING MONEY.
I'm thrilled with this idea, personally. I travel a lot making it hard to follow network tv. I have to catch a lot of stuff online or on Netflix now. So, I'm good with it. I just hope that this new show and others will be downloadable and not just for streaming as I sometimes have limitted internet.

DMHFan

Reaction score
When I found out the title of the series, I know I'll be in for something!

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I kinda prefer if the show is like the recent live shows at the hollywood bowl and the 02. Like call it the muppet show again.

MWoO

Reaction score
I kinda prefer if the show is like the recent live shows at the hollywood bowl and the 02. Like call it the muppet show again.
Honestly, i dont want that. Been there, done that. They need something new. The old stuff is great for live shows where they need to play their greatest hits. It also would work for online vids to drum up interest. But to revive the old Muppet Show again would seem like they are stuck in the past, unless they did so.ething dofferent with the same setting. If they showed us the behind the scenes and rehearsals instead of the actual stage show that could be interesting.

jobi71

Reaction score
So, if this news is even slightly true I think it has some promise. If it's a limited series with 6-10 episodes (and then they could do some other pastiche next time for 6-10 episodes) I could see it working. I am intrigued/puzzled with the time frame as post Muppets Take Manhattan - maybe it means they want to do a period piece and poke some fun at 80's culture, or maybe they ignore the date timeline and their Broadway show is running now (It's like Cats!) or it means the creators' favorite characters and Jill, Bill and Gil (which for one time bit parts are fun). Also if Rowlf is missing have they asked Jimmy Dean? Have they checked the hammock at his house?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
A slightly-related newsworthy tidbit from a just-released D23 news update announcing more of the new original non-fiction shows in the works for Disney+:

https://d23.com/marvel-616-is-among...ymfdfZVzbZgYnuTrlbWQiY1D45ZCvb3JSeCxsSgB7dDX0

Specifically this part:

"Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies(working title)
This anthology series that takes a unique look at beloved films—including Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Mary Poppins, The Muppet Movie, Tron, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit—through the props and costumes (now modern ‘artifacts’) that made them unique. We’ll hear from the craftspeople who created them, the actors who interacted with them, and the collectors/archives who own and cherish them in the show, which will be hosted by film historian/collector Dan Lanigan."

cahuenga

Reaction score
Do you think Muppets Tonight, Muppet babies (80´s version) and The Muppet Show will be available on Disney+?

DMHFan

Reaction score
Do you think Muppets Tonight, Muppet babies (80´s version) and The Muppet Show will be available on Disney+?
Maybe. But if TMS is included, it may have to be uncut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.