"Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration" special to air November 9 on HBO and November 17 on PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Pure beauty right here!! :fanatic:
I love that picture so much!
If David Smyrl was still with us, what do you think the chances would be of having Mr. Handford included as part of the special?
Well, I have no doubt they would have at least asked him to come back. Now, seeing him with Alan would've been a treat.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I love that picture so much!
Hence why I referred to it as pure beauty! :wink:

Well, I have no doubt they would have at least asked him to come back. Now, seeing him with Alan would've been a treat.
Agreed...and Alan DID acknowledge David Smyrl's death on his Facebook page, so it kind of makes me wonder if there was a chance of seeing them together.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I know this is odd to ask, but given how HBO and PBS is where we may see the 50th anniversary special of the show....what about the Local Networks of ABC, CBS, and/or NBC: One has to wonder if THEY will get the rights to air this on their Television network ? I say this considering how many people may not be able to tune into HBO and/or ignore PBS for this if it isn't advertise properly.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I know this is odd to ask, but given how HBO and PBS is where we may see the 50th anniversary special of the show....what about the Local Networks of ABC, CBS, and/or NBC: One has to wonder if THEY will get the rights to air this on their Television network ? I say this considering how many people may not be able to tune into HBO and/or ignore PBS for this if it isn't advertise properly.
Not likely. Especially considering this is produced for a certain channel; there probably won't be any breaks, so commercial networks would have to remove stuff and fit in commercials.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Not likely. Especially considering this is produced for a certain channel; there probably won't be any breaks, so commercial networks would have to remove stuff and fit in commercials.
Now one has to question: HOW will this 50th anniversary special be advertised enough to be watchable given how expensive HBO tends to be and how many people tend to overlook PBS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.