Have you ever been to Disney World?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was at one of the Disney parks many, many, many moons ago, but I don't remember anything about it.

But my family and I made a trip to Disney World last summer. I wasn't as into it as I thought I would. Without using the FastPasses, it's a little annoying how pretty much all the cool rides had long lines (they need more singles lines; I feel so dumb for waiting over an hour for the Aerosmith ride in the normal when there was a single riders line). But it was cool seeing Muppet*Vision for real! And it was nice to get a better idea of the geography of the parks, knowing only attractions but not really where they are in the park. (Avatar-Land is super dull, IMO).

I was surprised at how many people loved the Country Bear Jamboree, though.

I will say this - I enjoyed the attractions at Universal Studios more, but that park feels much more of a hodge-podge of random stuff than Disney, even if it's stuff owned by Universal. Like, when I think of BTTF, I don't think Universal the way I think of Disney when I think of, say, Peter Pan.
On our honeymoon, we spent one day at Universal. This was January 2001. For the first hour, the park was DESERTED! It was a cool day by Florida standards, but got to ride the then-brand-new Hulk coaster TWICE.
Also brand new was Islands of Adventure, and I loved Seuss Island.
The rest of the park was...okay. So many of the good rides were closed down. Jaws, Earthquake, Back to the Future, Blues Brothers, tough luck, we’re closed.
The moose out front should’ve told me.

This was years before Harry Potter, so there wasn’t too much going on. Still a pleasant day. If I never go back there, I have good memories of riding a few good rides with no lines.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think everyone would kill me here but, I am an Annual Passholder to Disneyland

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Only once. I think was about 6 or 7. The Haunted Mansion ride scared me so much, I was crying the whole entire time! Then when I was about 11, after winning a state wide career poster contest, I went Disney Quest. It was interesting, but I enjoyed it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I never wanted to go to Disney as a kid. I don’t know why, but I just didn’t.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Only once. I think was about 6 or 7. The Haunted Mansion ride scared me so much, I was crying the whole entire time! Then when I was about 11, after winning a state wide career poster contest, I went Disney Quest. It was interesting, but I enjoyed it.
I was that age I went into the Haunted Mansion. I wasn’t scared out of my wits, I was more fascinated with the ghosts, screams, and spookies.
I can totally understand your fear though.
On that same trip, we went to the Enchanted Tiki Room. I loved that show. At the end, it looks like a storm with thunder and lightning. As we left the show, it really was raining outside, not part of the show.
Welcome to Florida.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, probably like three times between 2002-2006.

One thing that changed the most each time I went was meeting the characters.
When I was little, you saw the characters walking around, you might wave, they wave back, snap a picture, that’s that.
Over time, meet and greets grew to become huge deals now with designated meeting times and places, and the last time I was there, autograph books.
Me and a couple discord people have a weird fascination with the costumed characters (I think Kevin Clash and Ryan Dillon do to -- it's kinda like loving puppets). It's kinda like Pokémon... "Gotta catch 'em all!" -- I love how some are rare and some are common; it's like a game in a way, and the costumes are cool. The first time I went in 2002 I think the Donald costume was being reshaped so he was nonexistent at the parks (imagine a time going to Disney World and Donald was unfindable)... it was a shame cause he's one of my favorites. But basically it was the transition of the last two:

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
On our honeymoon, we were there for 12 days. A good chunk of that time was spent meeting characters. Character meals we’re a massive deal.

we ate with characters at Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, and they were okay (the food was okay, but average).
But the best time was at Liberty Tree Tavern (they don’t do this anymore). Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip and Dale were dressed up in colonial garb. It was Super Bowl Sunday and we were the only ones there. We had the characters all to ourselves. No lie, that’s how good our fortune was.
They put on music and Minnie danced with me. Chip and Dale we’re fighting over who got my wife. Goofy stepped in and danced with her, so they danced with each other.
After the dance was over, Minnie didn’t want to let go. She practically bearhugged me, and lifted me off my feet.
Disney magic at its best.❤😻

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, probably like three times between 2002-2006.

Me and a couple discord people have a weird fascination with the costumed characters (I think Kevin Clash and Ryan Dillon do to -- it's kinda like loving puppets). It's kinda like Pokémon... "Gotta catch 'em all!" -- I love how some are rare and some are common; it's like a game in a way, and the costumes are cool. The first time I went in 2002 I think the Donald costume was being reshaped so he was nonexistent at the parks (imagine a time going to Disney World and Donald was unfindable)... it was a shame cause he's one of my favorites. But basically it was the transition of the last two:

Dear God. That first one is terrifying