Your Thoughts: Muppets From Space

Pork

Reaction score
Yeah I have to say I love Muppets From Space. It's got some classic lines in it. Alot of the reason why I like it is also to do with the all the times I've watched it with my family. Good Times!

Kiki

Reaction score
I think it was their first of a few attempt to seem more "cool" and it sometimes came across as too desperate.
I hate to admit it but I sorta see where you're coming from. Still, I enjoyed it a lot as I said before. Even though it's 10 years old (hard to believe!) I still find it very modern, and I kinda like that vibe twisted with a bit of old-world. Liked it much more than recent-ish films such as IAVMMCM, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think it was their first of a few attempt to seem more "cool" and it sometimes came across as too desperate.
Blame it on the director. We can confirm (from Joey Mazzarino himself) that he changed so much of the script, Joey got really ticked off. In the film were multiple sci-fi movie parodies (we're left with a brief Star Wars reference and a Men in Black-ish cameo)... and it was the director that changed the ending from the amazing Gonzo doesn't really find his family to the "oh! he's an alien... just like Goku. That explains everything" deal. I always said that saying something's an alien is as big a cheat as something being all a dream.

I still really liked this movie, though. Too bad they had to make so many changes.

Bob1995

Reaction score
One word: WEAK. Jerry Juhl's fantastic script is all but writen over, and Gonzo? An alien? craziest thing ever! The movie had it's funny moments, the lack of original songs held it back.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I agree that having no original music did set the movie back a little bit.

I enjoy this movie just fine, but I feel it didn't have the Muppet magic that other Muppets movies namely "the Muppet Movie" did have.

bluesquid

Reaction score
This movie is alright. I wouldn't say that its bad, but I wouldn't say it's amazing. It's in the middle. I like it, but it's not my favorite.

Andibcool

Reaction score
Well i must say i like the movie and for me its one of the better ones. Even if some aspects of Gonzos origin are weird and maybe not true, its still a nice movie to watch.
Well we mostly watch this Movie and Muppet cristmas carol more often then the others.

Nick22

Reaction score
i thought it was pretty good. i think in the end, gonzo turned out not to be an alien, and his origin/species would still be a mystery

Nick22

Reaction score
One word: WEAK. Jerry Juhl's fantastic script is all but writen over, and Gonzo? An alien? craziest thing ever! The movie had it's funny moments, the lack of original songs held it back.
i agree. were there even any original songs at all?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nope... for some reason, they wanted a 70's funk/R&B track... I like that type of music and all, but the Muppets aren't famous for having other people's recordings of songs play while they sit by and do nothing. Even in the old days when Jim used old song tracks by other people, they at least acted something hilarious out with them.

I really wish they used the soundtrack "Going to Go Back There Someday," if anything for the end credits sequence. Just for missing that musical spirit, it loses what makes Muppet movies Muppety.