The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I won't lie, I've tried syrup on spaghetti out of morbid curiosity after watching ELF. It . . . wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good either.

Not a big fan of french toast, but as far as waffles goe, yeah, definitely maple syrup. When it comes to pancakes, eh, I prefer flavored pancakes, and some kind of syrup that compliments the flavor.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I rather like their red velvet pancakes myself. I think I also tried a chocolate chip Oreo pancake of some sort once as well.

cjd874

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks maple syrup only works with waffles, French toast and pancakes respectively?

Like, I gotta be honest. I’m not a fan of sausage or bacon or eggs with syrup, especially eggs. 😐
I like maple syrup with bacon, but not on sausage or eggs. But yeah, I'm with you on everything else...although I'm not a fan of waffles to be honest. Something about the little pockets just doesn't seem right to me. Maybe I had too many cheap Eggo waffles as a kid. If I find a good waffle dish in the future, I'll let you all know. Or if you have recommendations, give a shout-out!

I love French toast & pancakes. French toast with syrup & powdered sugar is the way to go! And I enjoy pancakes with syrup and any of these toppings: blueberries, strawberries, or chocolate chips. Whenever I make a stack of loaded pancakes with bacon and eggs, I'm a happy dude and all set to conquer the day.

Last edited:

Any Del

Reaction score
Me personally I like to eat eggs and sausage with maple syrup on them. I do enjoy eating French Toast, Waffles and Pancakes.

Bacon is too salty for me.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Definitely not eggs, but maple syrup does make a good glaze for baked ham and carrots.
Last year I was at a state fair and someone was selling hickory syrup. Not quite as sweet as maple, but it made a fantastic glaze on roast pork.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Speaking of IHOP, before COVID, they used to have the little jars of syrup in a rack. Maple, raspberry, blueberry, and boysenberry. Just the smell of the syrups can give you a contact high.
Now I only eat sugar-free syrup, but IHOP is still wonderful.
Breakfast meats are salty. Turkey bacon and sausage are a little better, but not as tasty.
In this neck of the woods, Taylor ham screams Noo Joisey. Elsewhere in the country, you might know it as pork roll.