The Problems with Modern Sesame Street

Worst problem with Sesame in the past 20 years?

• Total voters

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
I'd say just end the show, and start a new one with the same characters, but a new location, because the street thing doesn't seem to be working anymore today's preschool environment.
What would it be called then? The show will not be the same if it's not called Sesame Street anymore.

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
Another problem of the modern era: the Zoe puppet from Abby in Wonderland that was infamously used in season 40. It looks bad all these years later.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I'd say just end the show, and start a new one with the same characters, but a new location, because the street thing doesn't seem to be working anymore today's preschool environment.
But what's the point of ending the show at all if they're just going to make another one with all the same characters? Sesame Street needs to end and I mean END, not transition into a lower-quality spinoff. It's been going on for 54 years now and they're honestly just beating a dead horse at this point. Enough with Sesame Street!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean not really…. It knows how to keep up with the times and what children are into each year and decade.

It’s an educational series that knows how to evolve and grow (whether we’re a fan of said changes or not) so….. I wouldn’t say it’s honestly a “dead horse” at this point.

GroverMOMJ

Reaction score
What would it be called then? The show will not be the same if it's not called Sesame Street anymore.
Yeah it wouldn't be! I always think to myself "They could just rename the show The Elmo & Abby Show if they really want to just focus on those two so much", but they can't change the name because Sesame Street is such an iconic name/show.

Can you imagine if Sesame Workshop did put out an announcement saying they were renaming their iconic series that they themselves are named after to The Elmo & Abby Show or something similair? They would get slaughtered with bad press. So many news outlets would report the story in a not very positive light and remark on how iconic characters not named Elmo and Abby would no longer be appearing without even getting confirmation from Sesame Workshop themselves. Besides, the show is already pretty much The Elmo & Abby Show in all but name only.

One thing about modern Sesame Street I really wish they would stop doing is this. Do they really need to keep ending every single episode with an Elmo segment? I mean I get it when they first introduced Elmo's World back in 1998, Elmo's popularity was growing and they needed a way to keep kids tuned in for the entierity of the show (not to mention a guarantee that Elmo would be in a good bit of every episode whether he was in the main street story or not). But the show is now half the length it once was. I don't think you need to have an Elmo segment at the end of every episode when a typical one is now 30 minutes instead of an hour. If he's in the main street story, don't have one because you already had him in the part you want kids watching the most. But if he isn't in the main street story, then have one so Elmo is guaranteed to have at least a few minutes in each episode.

Finally let me say this. When I have my first child, I will not let them watch modern Sesame Street. I'll just show them the classic episodes I have saved on my USB device. That way they won't become dependent on watching the show if Elmo is in it like nearly every kid is today.

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
Well, what are they going to do in season 54? I know Quinta Brunson (the creator of Abbott Elementary for ABC) is going to guest star, and that stupid military girl is going to come back.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
Sigh...what to do now?
Children don't need Sesame Street to learn anymore. The show has been growing more infantile and overly PC. At this point there's no point for them to keep going. This is just my opinion but I really hope the show doesn't make it to season 60.