Muppets and John Denver Christmas special

djspurlin

Reaction score
I have just joined, so this may have been addressed before, but has the John Denver and the Muppets Christmas special ever been released on video?The CD has been out for years. It is my all time favorite Muppet special, but I have never seen it. I would appreciate any information out there.

radionate

Reaction score
I don't know where you found this on video, but its news to me. I just did a search, and all I could find was the CD, LP, and a video with clips from the Muppet Show guest starring John Denver (also with clips from Julie Andrews, etc).

Someone more informed then me might be able to better answer this question. But as far as I know, John Denver and the Muppets a Christmas Together has never been released on Video or DVD.

Your best bet to get it would be to trade with someone who has a taped copy, or purchase one alltogether (just make sure that it is a quality copy (i.e. no static, fuzz, has sound, didn't quit recording halfway through, etc etc etc)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe they got the John Denver special confused with Muppet Family Christmas (which is available on DVD and video)?

Stulz

Reaction score
John Denver / A chritmas Together VHS?

I followed that link to Amazon.com and there were no exact matches. What di yoy type in??

As far as I know the special is ONLY availible currently on CD and tape - audio NOt video.

Around 1979 the original record album was released with a great gatfold cover that wehn opened showed Rowlf's hand on a large piano and had "sheet music" for all of the songs laid out on it.

The best part of the record was the cover also continued on the back side with the whole Muppet crew in holiday wear including Statler and Waldorf, Janice and Zoot!!

It's really a shame that when this album is continually released every year by laserlight or who-ever, they never realese it with it's original FULL cover.

:mad:

Hopefully someone will release it AGIAN and with it's full Muppet gang cover.

Chris

Rufus

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it has never been released on video, and definitely not on DVD. The big question is, does anyone know why? Or why the special has completely disappeared over the last 10-15 years? Does anyone know when was the last time it aired on TV? It seems kinda weird that the CD and audio tape are so widely available yet the special itself has kinda vanished.

I remember seeing it a long time ago, but can barely remember it. And the music is so great, definitely my favorite Christmas album! (I've gotten it in all three formats over the years - tape first (I think), then LP, and most recently CD. The LP cover is great, too bad they couldn't have reproduced that for the CD cover...)

- R -

Ryan

Reaction score
Rufus-

The specials Christmas Together and Rocky Mountain High were not released on video because John's company, John-Jer Productions owns the specials along with JHC, so it's not just up to JHC.

I have both specials, if anyone is interested.
ryan200012@netscape.net

Rufus

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Scooter. It's always helpful to know the reasons behind these things...

Forgot about Rocky Mountain High, have the LP for that one, too! Guess the chances of these getting officially released are pretty slim... kinda sad to think that eventually these specials will only exist as fan copies taped off TV...

- R -

ktbear

Reaction score
A great bundle would be: Muppet Family Christmas, John Denver and the Muppets, a Christmas together and the new Letters to Santa. It might make a nice boxed set for the holiday season next year (hint, hint!).:smile:

LeanneRivett

Reaction score