Muppet Film and TV References

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Of course, there's the Everwood reference. The one girl on Everwood always used to call Ephrim "Grover."

Reaction score
I just got Family guy on DVD, so I know all the muppet references from season one and two.

From the episode the_great_gonzo was talking about:
(MEG and PETER are sitting on a bench in New York by an Ice Rink)
MEG: (Birdcalls)
(3 Seconds of silence)
BIG BIRD: Yeah, what'd want?
(Awkward silence from MEG and PETER)
BIG BIRD: You called me, right?
MEG: (half chuckling) No, I-
BIG BIRD: Oh, so this is funny to you? I can't fly, you know. I have to take the subway. Oh, I don't get stares. You make me sick (Spits on MEG, walks away) *****.

From The episode when the Griffins get their own reality show, and Meg is replaced by a sexier girl.
(The following has the camera look of MTV's The Real World. Chris is playing outside in the sprinkler as the camera films he and Peter)
PETER (With puppet MADAME, of "Solid Gold") : Hey, Camera guy, watch this! (to MADAME) Madame, your a lusty old broad!
PETER as MADAME: Darling, you're the one with your hand on my backside!
(The Camera now follows the more interest "MEG" as she joins CHRIS in the sprinkler)
PETER: Hey come back here! She's gonna sing "Rainbow Connection!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... did anyone bring this up yet?

King of the Hill: Bobby Kisses a plastic head for refference on how to kiss for a party.

Hank: You're the one sitting him down in front of those Muppets! They got Pigs Kissing Frogs... no wonder!

(or something to that extent)

Plus on Mad Tv, there was a sketch in which someone was Anna Nichol Smith and she saw herself in the Televisions and said, "Look! It's a celebrity! It's Miss Piggy!"

Beakie

Reaction score
I remember one from Whose Line Is It Anyway, they're doing one of those things where the style keeps changing and it was something about killer bees I think, they change to the style of Sesame Street and one of the guys says in a Bert voice "Can you spell Bee?" and another says in an Ernie voice "You can't spell B, Bert, it's only one letter!"

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Okay... did anyone bring this up yet?

King of the Hill: Bobby Kisses a plastic head for refference on how to kiss for a party.

Hank: You're the one sitting him down in front of those Muppets! They got Pigs Kissing Frogs... no wonder!

(or something to that extent)
I brought that out on another thread, but not on this one.

Beakie

Reaction score
oh and, another Yoda one, there was a Star Wars parody tv special thing called Thumb Wars that had a Yoda-like puppet in it.. something like this

Luke-Skywalker-like character: Who are you?
Yoda-like thing: I am a puppet! Yeees!
Luke-Skywalker-like character: ... What?
Yoda-like thing: From the floor the man does control me! Yeees!
Luke-Skywalker-like character: I feel I am to train under you.
Yoda-like thing: Train you will I! Train you I will! Yeees!

Foreignman

Reaction score
In the season finale of Curb your Enthusiasm, Larry injures a food critic in a dodge ball game. Later he goes to apologise to the man whose arms are in full casts after breaking his thumbs. The critic says "I look like a @#$%ing Muppet!".

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, this isn't exactly a Muppet reference, but, on SNL, there used to be a segment called Morning Latte (with Cheri Oteri and Will Ferrell). Will Ferrell's character's name was Tom WILKINS, named after the coffee that the Muppets, Wilkins and Wontkins, used to advertise for.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
There was one on "The Simpsons" a few weeks ago with Maggie's Elmo doll-"No Means No Elmo".:wink:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
This isn't really a Muppet reference but I found this really cool so I'll share it anyways. On the first episode of Seinfeld the outside of the diner they're in is Pete's from the Muppets Take Manhatten. I was so excited when I observed that.