Muppet Film and TV References

dwayne1115

Reaction score
have you ever seen that show on CBs callled still standing well on one show the co star who i can,t remeber her name but i know she is the mom and i think she is really preety was wearing a kermit shirt. just ike saying that hey i got the frog in my heart or somthing who knows.

Drtooth

Reaction score
She wore Muppet shirts on three different occasions...

she wore Kermit, Cookie Monster (a Shirt that says "Me like Cookies" I think) and Oscar the Grouch...

Apparently, she also played Gilda Radner in the TV movie about her life.

agger_rob

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone's mentinoed this, but on an old episode of SNL back when they did the Celebrity Jeopardy skits a lot, one of the categories was "Muppet Frogs" and Alex Trebeck (played by Will Ferrell) said, just in case you are wondering, every answer in this category is Kermit."

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love to dive into the most obscure refferences possible... Here's one from a local show (Massachusettes, and probabl;y other portions of New England get it)

There's this food critic show called the Phantom Gormet, and they were talking about the area's best bakeries...

In 2 shots of one bakery featured at the end of the show, there's a cake with a 3-D Elmo decorated out of icing....

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
I don't know if this was mentioned, so sorry if it was. I don't feel like reading this entire thread again.

Anyhoo, this doesn't have to do with Muppets, but it's puppety, so I thought I'd mention it. It was on Family Guy, and one of the characters was saying something about how Peter couldn't be left alone, because the last time he was, he turned their house into a puppet. Then it wnt to a clip of him inside the house, pulling on a rope, and speaking into a microphone or something. Next, it showed the outside of the house, and the roof was raising up and down, like a puppet's mouth. It was hai-larious.

agger_rob

Reaction score
Ok, here's one I haven't seen... On SNL a little while ago, Justin Timberlake was hosting. One of the skits was he said that hosting SNL was one of his dreams, and another one was to sing a duet with Kermit the Frog. The camera panned out to see a poor imitation of Kermit on a brick wall. They start to sing some song and Timberlake steps in a little close to where the pupetteer would be and Kermit yells ouch. It happens one or two more times, the whole time the Kermit impersonator keeps making comments like "If you would have learned where your mark is we wouldn't have this problem." And then they get into a fight. Not quite the best representation, but it was still pretty funny.

Matteo

Reaction score
There is a reference of SS in the Simpsons ep. ___ (in italy names "Missionario impossibile"), where SS charachters Elmo, Oscar and Big Bird are chasing and trying to kill Homer. I think somebody could find this offensive, however look at this http://www.snpp.com/episodes/BABF11
You can find here some references to SS.

Hope this helps....

rexcrk

Reaction score
Don't know if this was already posted, but in the PBS episode of the Simpsons, there's cameos by Big Bird, Elmo, and Oscar the Grouch. At one point when Homer's running away from the PBS people, he runs down an alley and Big Bird swoops down like an vulture or an eagle. Then when Homer goes into the church they throw a garbage can in an Oscar pops out and says "Give us the money!" and Elmo pops out and says "Elmo knows where you live!"

:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Simpsons episodes (Fish Called Selma, Missionary Impossible, Trash of the Titans) were mentioned several times already...

However, there is one that was overlooked.

In "Grift of the Maji" a sales person said, "Don't you know how hard it is to come up with the next Furby or Tickle Me Elmo?"

ANd twice there have been "Tickle Me Krusty" dolls.

rexcrk

Reaction score
OMG! On the Simpsons, Flanders came to the Simpson household and he was like "Hey neighbor! I've got a Fozzie of a bear of a problem!" LOL!