Muppet Film and TV References

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
My mom (and all the other teachers) just got a message from the principal (I think it was the principal, at least...) that contained the line, "Oooh, I am so excited (I am speaking in 'Grover' on this part)..." :super:

hoopless

Reaction score
I was watching Britain's Got More Talent yesterday when Amanda Holden said Piers Morgan has Fozzie Bear eyebrows.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
In English class, we have to write a "bio poem" and the sample on the page was for "Tom Turkey" and one of the lines on the sample poem was "Sibling of Clucky Chicken and Big Bird" :big_grin::wisdom::crazy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
In English class, we have to write a "bio poem" and the sample on the page was for "Tom Turkey" and one of the lines on the sample poem was "Sibling of Clucky Chicken and Big Bird" :big_grin::wisdom::crazy:
I hate to be a buzz-kill... but this thread is really for "Film and TV" references that contain the Muppets. I'm so glad to see the Muppets being referenced in your daily life, GG, but maybe you could find (or even start) a different thread for Muppet references in every day life?

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
I just saw a commercial for "delta faucets" advertising that you can turn it on and off by simply tapping the faucet. While "Hands" by the Count was playing in the background...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
On Muppet Wiki, someone added to the Pixar page that in the short film, "Presto", Statler and Waldorf make a cameo. They added a picture proving it, much to my amazement. I checked it out for myself and they're really there!

Yorick

Reaction score
Dr. Teeth, Dr. John and the Stones!

This is an internet reference from http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/:
Special Rolling Stones Week Guest: Dr. John
"So far, Taj Mahal and Chuck Leavell have sat in with The Roots to help out with our Rolling Stones Week! Tonight, we've got a new special guest: the legendary Dr. John! He played on the original Exile on Main Street album - and now he's here to help celebrate the re-release. Though you may know Dr. John for his impressive music career - did you realize that the muppet Dr. Teeth is partially based on him? Incredible. He also has a new album coming out on August 3, called Tribal, so be sure to check that out."

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Uh, I think I'll need some of you guys to help me out on this one. My dad taped the Ghost Whisperer episode from Friday and he showed me a commercial that aired during the show for a new episode of a different show, and during the commercial somebody said something about "Scooter from The Muppet Show". Anybody remember what show that was or the rest of the quote?

terrimonster

Reaction score
Uh, I think I'll need some of you guys to help me out on this one. My dad taped the Ghost Whisperer episode from Friday and he showed me a commercial that aired during the show for a new episode of a different show, and during the commercial somebody said something about "Scooter from The Muppet Show". Anybody remember what show that was or the rest of the quote?
Rules of Engagement (about 50 sec into this clip):
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/rules_...cf9tXjyfqhhoUq4edmz67ek&vs=homepage&play=true

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
From Chain Reaction just now:

CRACK
OPEN
SESAME
STREET

SMART
COOKIE
MONSTER

Sadly I didn't get to see the whole thing, just that final chain.