Muppet Film and TV References

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
In math class, our teacher gave us a worksheet involving pie charts, and the heading of the first graph is "Kermit's Monthly Budget" and the graph reads: "Fly Traps 25% Pond Fees 21% Agent 14% Singing Lessons __%"
Ha ha- awesome!:smile:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I can't remember if this was Cold Stone or Marble Slab, but I was looking at a Signature Creations list for one of those two ice cream shops, and one of the creations was labeled as "Cookie Minster" and it had something with mint and either cookie dough or Oreo cookies. :insatiable:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I hate to be a buzz-kill... but this thread is really for "Film and TV" references that contain the Muppets. I'm so glad to see the Muppets being referenced in your daily life, GG, but maybe you could find (or even start) a different thread for Muppet references in every day life?
Hey prawncracker- I saw this and was inspired to do just that in this thread here- http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?p=823198#post823198
:smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I've been watching a lot of MST3K, and I never realized how many Muppet and Jim references there are. Some are really obscure too, which proves they were superfans. I found a complete list of them on the wiki too!

Old, I know, but so awesome!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, MST3K was such an influence on me when growing up, I love that show... But not the $60 for the DVD volumes Shout Factory keeps releasing.

Anyway... Anybody watch The Soup on E! On this week's episode there's a sketch where Ken John (SP?) from Community's posing as George Clooney to get a date with Access Hollywood's María Menunos (SP?)
At one point, he calls her "María Mahnamahna". Only us Mupfans got that sadly.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
This was from something my dad was watching on Netflix just now:

"Name one jazz musician"
"Dr. Teeth"
"He's a Muppet"
"He's a jazz Muppet"

GarlicGuy

Reaction score
I was wathing scrubs once and somebody said, "What the Fraggle Rock is goig on here"? Me and my mom excanged glances. :smirk:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Just now on Jeopardy, there was a category called "Cookie Monster Review Novel", and the host was reading the clues in a bad Cookie Monster impression. :big_grin::insatiable::crazy: