Muppet Film and TV References

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Here's another reference from Glee:

In the episode "Theatricality", the girls in the club and Kurt perform Lady Gaga songs, and the other guys perform songs by KISS, and they're all dressed up as the singers. At one point in the episode, Rachel walks into the choir room wearing a dress with a bunch of dolls and stuffed animals stapled to it, and Mercedes comments something along the lines of "looks like the Kermit the Frog outfit."

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Some guy on the golf channel (558 where I live) made a funny comment about one of the competitors in some tournament (I don't remember which one), and I guess the guy who was playing was from Sweden, so this guy who's talking about the competitor from Sweden starts talking like the Swedish chef (and he sounded EXACTLY like the Swedish Chef)!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else posted this but on the Scott Pilgrim vs the World DVD, in the commentary with the director and author of the books, the director mentions that he wanted the film to feel like Sesame street with all the hidden number (7) and letter (X) references. He later makes a comment about how in the part where Scott keeps saying "wow" as Lucas Lee is skating down the rail, the last "wow" he wanted to sound like Beaker and aparently told Cera to pretend he was a muppet. He then said he could picture Frank Oz puppeteering him.

hoopless

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else posted this but on the Scott Pilgrim vs the World DVD, in the commentary with the director and author of the books, the director mentions that he wanted the film to feel like Sesame street with all the hidden number (7) and letter (X) references. He later makes a comment about how in the part where Scott keeps saying "wow" as Lucas Lee is skating down the rail, the last "wow" he wanted to sound like Beaker and aparently told Cera to pretend he was a muppet. He then said he could picture Frank Oz puppeteering him.
Oh yeah I forgot about that. (love Scott Pilgrim btw) I may have made it up in my head, but I seem to remember them saying something about Oscar the Grouch too? Don't remember what if anything though.

Frogster

Reaction score
On American Dad last night they had one of Steve's friends using a Fozzie puppet to tell jokes, then later you see a cabbage patch talking and singing, which kind of reminded me of the You Don't Want My Love number from when Roger Miller hosted.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
About a week ago I saw the kids hostings between shows on the ABC, a 5 minute interlude with a sleazy yet amusing remark. The hosting blocks are "Giggle and Hoot" hosted by a man in a strange outfit and an owl puppet (puppeteered by the wonderful Mal Heap I believe). ANYWAY a child submitted a drawing to the programme of the two eponymous hosts, Elmo and Abby; with Hoot (the owl) sighing "Ooooo Abby Cadabby" in the sleaziest, most drawn out way possible - complete with eyelid mech fluttering!

bazingababe24

Reaction score
On American Dad last night, we find out that Jim and Kermit were imprisoned in the Phantom Zone for trying to sneak into heaven! Also, the actor assigned to both of them did their voices exactly the same! *LOL*

Jim: Forgive us!
Kermit: You will bow down before me, Son of God!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
No offense if you're a fan of this show, but that kind of sacreligious scene is why I don't care for "American Dad" and much of the rest of its ilk... The Son of God bows to no one but we will all bow before Him one day (Philippians 2:9-11)
And there is no way to sneak into Heaven- you can only get in through the Gate- Jesus Christ. (John 10:1-18)

bazingababe24

Reaction score
No offense if you're a fan of this show, but that kind of sacreligious scene is why I don't care for "American Dad" and much of the rest of its ilk... The Son of God bows to no one but we will all bow before Him one day (Philippians 2:9-11)
And there is no way to sneak into Heaven- you can only get in through the Gate- Jesus Christ. (John 10:1-18)
I understand. Personally, I don't know why they used Jim Henson for the joke. I don't know of him ever saying anything about sneaking into heaven. In that respect, it kind of fell flat, but it still managed to be funny. Maybe it's just because he has a funny voice.:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
On tonight's Family Guy, "A Foreign Affair" Lois and Bonnie are in France, and Lois says, "can we at least got on a Muppet style sight seeing trip first?"

and we have actual live action Lois and Bonnie puppets looking at green screened sights.