The Phantom Tollbooth

Xerus

Reaction score
I love that movie a lot! :smile: I used to see it all the time on the Disney Channel during the 80's. Also June Foray voiced the Which who was the Whether Man's brother. And I could immediately recognize the voice of Mel Blanc as the voice of Officer Short Shrift as well as the Demon of Insincerity who sounded a lot like Yosemite Sam. As well as King Azaz's tiniest lacky who only says quick words like, "Hi!" "Chow!" or "Soup's on!"

And really liked the book a lot. The book features more characters and stories than in the movie.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Oh man, I had to read that in 4th grade ( Coincidentally, the same teacher got me into Jim Henson). I had to watch the movie; the producer must of had some serious stuff. Can't remember that much, execpt it was a trippy cartoon somewhat like the book

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I read this book in one of our big literature books that we had to lug along with us to school. It was in "Play" form. I loved it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This is sort of an old thread but I just watched the movie version of Phantom Tollbooth on TCM. I saw it once a long time ago (on the Disney Channel I think), and found it pretty strange, lol. Seeing it now though, it's got such a wonderful message. We too easily give into boredom or wasting time, when we could be out living our lives.

It's also very good for kids to start thinking about words and how they can be played with and molded and lead to better understanding of language.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I read this book in one of our big literature books that we had to lug along with us to school. It was in "Play" form. I loved it.
We had it in play form in our reading textbook in 6th grade. Sadly, we didn't read it in class, and I never got the chance to read through it during any spare time. :sympathy: Maybe next week I'll check out the book at the library.