The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Kiki

Reaction score
That scene in IAVMMCM where Gonzo is homeless and Fozzie is a pick-pocketer. It's tear-jerking to me, and also depressing sorta. D=

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Saying Goodbye, like for a number of people, is the saddest muppet moment I've had. Everytime I listen to it i think of people I've had to leave...and how the Muppet Performers must have felt when Jim...left. I never actually cried listening to it, but sometimes i feel like its too sad to make the tears work.:embarrassed: Or I'm jsut not being sad enough. one of the two, yaknow?
Yeah, I know the feeling. Btw, Love your avatar.

That scene in IAVMMCM where Gonzo is homeless and Fozzie is a pick-pocketer. It's tear-jerking to me, and also depressing sorta. D=
I actually found the characters and their "then" occupations rather amusing.

To Me the Changes video in the Talk, Listen, Connect series of SW videos really makes me sad. Just seeing how distraught Rosita is over her Father's Wheelchair chokes me up a bit :cry:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I was born about four months before Jim died and for me, the Muppets singing "Just One Person" at the memorial service is touching, I choked a couple times watching it. Hearing sweet, yet memorable song from Jim's projects like that makes me think that every time we hear them, Jim is with us appreciating his time on the earth, even though it was short.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
ok I'm trying to wipe the tears away as I type i just got done with The Muppets Take Manhaten, and have to say no matter how many time I watch it and FTB i get teary eyed. Even when i know that everything will be ok.
Oh I know, you really need a box of tissues while watching MTM, but I still love it!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, MTM is rough sledding sometimes, in terms of emotional content. And like I've said before, it's always Scooter's verse of "Saying Goodbye" that tugs at my heartstrings.

It's a good thing they didn't attempt that at the memorial service, or else they'd all be up on stage bawling.

Another tear-jerking moment...pretty much the entire second half of the FR episode "Gone But Not Forgotten," starting when Mudwell abruptly turns on Wembley. That's really poignant stuff.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yeah, MTM is rough sledding sometimes, in terms of emotional content. And like I've said before, it's always Scooter's verse of "Saying Goodbye" that tugs at my heartstrings.

It's a good thing they didn't attempt that at the memorial service, or else they'd all be up on stage bawling.

Another tear-jerking moment...pretty much the entire second half of the FR episode "Gone But Not Forgotten," starting when Mudwell abruptly turns on Wembley. That's really poignant stuff.
Your so right, and I'm kind of glad they didn't sing saying Goodbye because there would not have been a dry eye in the room.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I know...heaven knows there were plenty of misty eyes in the cathedral as it was. I mean, Frank fell apart during his eulogy for Jim, there were Muppet performers dabbing at their eyes with tissues, and while Richard held his own on stage, at one point during his second speech he had to stop and take a really deep breath when his voice started to waver a bit.

But I think Louise Gold's rendition of "Bring Him Home" would have turned on the waterworks for quite a few people.

I'll bet the whole ceremony was rough sledding for all the Muppet performers - all those emotions to deal with.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I know...heaven knows there were plenty of misty eyes in the cathedral as it was. I mean, Frank fell apart during his eulogy for Jim, there were Muppet performers dabbing at their eyes with tissues, and while Richard held his own on stage, at one point during his second speech he had to stop and take a really deep breath when his voice started to waver a bit.

But I think Louise Gold's rendition of "Bring Him Home" would have turned on the waterworks for quite a few people.

I'll bet the whole ceremony was rough sledding for all the Muppet performers - all those emotions to deal with.
Yes Im sure it was Why look at Carol as Big bird when he sung It's Not Easy Being Green" That must have been the worst.

borgdeborg

Reaction score
wow... i just watched the memorial song and all i had to do is see scooter and the tears started flowing....

my movie tears go to Emmet and the boys and the duet with his mom at the end....

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh I know, I discovered who Richard Hunt was a few years ago and before then I hadn't realized that Scooter had been missing from some of the recent Muppet productions. Suddenly his verse in "Saying Goodbye" became much more poignant as, for the first time, I realized there was a person behind the Muppet. :wink: