What is Scooter?

Convincing John

Reaction score
Ahh, now going back to the questian: What is Beauregard.
Bo, believe it or not, lives underground. An actual biography of him was given in one of the early Muppet Show books (an activity book if I remember right)...the title escapes me right now..."Fun and Games With the Muppets?"...

Anyway, when Bo was interviewed, he couldn't remember who his parents were and the biography begins with him being three and hired on as a lumberjack. He liked to haul the trees up the hill to put them on the truck.

Years passed, and as Bo was riding the bus one day, he couldn't remember where his stop was (to get home), so he rode to the end of the line.

This is where he stumbled upon the Muppet Theater, where Kermit gave him a job. "Moving the scenery was easy, but sweeping took longer to learn." said the book.

I remember this part of the interview well:

After work, Bo goes home to his underground hole, where he pulls vegetables down from the ceiling for his supper.

This might be behind the "mole" theory some people have. I know the bio of Bo is preceded by a black and white drawing of him with his mop and an anvil under his arm.

Convincing John

Beauregard

Reaction score
Bo, believe it or not, lives underground. An actual biography of him was given in one of the early Muppet Show books (an activity book if I remember right)...the title escapes me right now..."Fun and Games With the Muppets?"...

Anyway, when Bo was interviewed, he couldn't remember who his parents were and the biography begins with him being three and hired on as a lumberjack. He liked to haul the trees up the hill to put them on the truck.

Years passed, and as Bo was riding the bus one day, he couldn't remember where his stop was (to get home), so he rode to the end of the line.

This is where he stumbled upon the Muppet Theater, where Kermit gave him a job. "Moving the scenery was easy, but sweeping took longer to learn." said the book.

I remember this part of the interview well:

After work, Bo goes home to his underground hole, where he pulls vegetables down from the ceiling for his supper.

This might be behind the "mole" theory some people have. I know the bio of Bo is preceded by a black and white drawing of him with his mop and an anvil under his arm.

Convincing John
Oh my gosh...that is the most amazing thing I have ever heard...Its the sweetest, truest story behind Beau that there could be...*resists tears*

Convincing John

Reaction score
Yep, it's true, Bo!

I wish I could remember which book it came from! It has a lot of puzzles and games in it, and in the middle, there's this picture of Bo (with the anvil and his mop) and the biography. If I find out, I'll let you know. It should be a part of Bo's entry at the Muppet Wiki.

I always found that fascinating as a kid, pulling your supper from the ceiling.

Convincing John

Beauregard

Reaction score
It really is amazing. And I feel a whole new connection with Beau because I once forgot which stop to get off on, went passed it, and thought that the bus would go on for a little while and then turn around. It took me almost an hour to realise it wasn't going to turn around, and that I had to get off and find my own way home.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Bo's Biography

I found it! Beauregard's biography is in "Fun and Games With the Muppets" from 1982. There's a section in that book with a 2 page spread on Bo. Don't have it? No problem. I typed it up, word for word. Enjoy!

Focus on Beauregard
From "Fun and Games With The Muppets"

It wasn't easy to find out the few things we know about Beauregard, because Beauregard has forgotten almost everything about his own life. In fact, he's even forgotten his first name. Beauregard is his last name. He calls himself Bo because it's easier to remember and it's pretty easy to spell. Bo is the only word Bo knows how to write, and he can't read anything at all, except, of course, for Bo.

It's not Bo's fault he has a bad memory. He was born with it, or rather, without it. Both of his parents are capable of forgetting anything. Bo himself doesn't remember he has parents.

Bo, who was very strong, went to work at the age of three. "I was real strengthy," he says. "Good thing, too, because those trees were heavy."

Careful research revealed that Bo was talking about the trees he cut down, pulled up a hill, and piled onto the truck when he worked as a lumberjack. Bo might have been three, but he looked like he was eighteen, so none of the other lumberjacks knew the difference.

Years passed. Then one day Bo got on a bus. He wanted to go home, but he couldn't remember where it was. So he rode the bus to the end of the line and found himself in a large city. He wandered the streets for days. He figured he wouldn't be able to get a job because there weren't many trees to cut down. But one afternoon, as he plodded past the door of a little rundown theater, his luck changed. He heard someone say, "You'd have to be dumb to want that job." Bo walked in the door and said, "I'll take it."

Kermit the Frog told him all about the job. In one week he learned how to move scenery, but sweeping took a little longer. Still, he was the very best Kermit could find for the money.

Nowadays, after each Muppet Show ends, Bo cleans the theater and locks up. Then he goes home to his burrow, where he lives all by himself. The burrow has two rooms--a main room and a garden room. When Bo gets home, he pulls carrots, potatoes, turnips and occasionally an onion down from the ceiling of the garden room for his supper.

Bo lives a happy and healthy life. The only thing that really wears him out is thinking. Though Bo can easily lift a truck, if you ask him how old he is, he braces himself, scowls, grunts, sweats, and then tells you he doesn't know. But he never stops trying.

Convincing John

MWoO

Reaction score
It really is amazing. And I feel a whole new connection with Beau because I once forgot which stop to get off on, went passed it, and thought that the bus would go on for a little while and then turn around. It took me almost an hour to realise it wasn't going to turn around, and that I had to get off and find my own way home.
Why not just get off at the next stop?

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Cuz' at that point Bo would still be thinking the bus would go on for a little while and then turn around.
Or maybe he just forgot in the meantime ...

Beauregard

Reaction score
That's right, I thought "Hmm...it's turn around soon and go back again..." Without thinking of the logistics of that proposel. Besides, what would I have done if I'd got off at the next stop? I figured I'd be more lost and unable to get home from there, so I'd wait for the darn bus to turn around.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I don't like that story... it makes me sad for some reason. I prefer to think of Beau as just a sweet, dumb guy. That backstory makes him too pathetic and with even a hint of tragedy.

*Shivers at the thought of Beau huddled in some sad little hole, forlornly munching on a raw onion*

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Considering he has the same mouth shape as Nigel the Conductor, I think it's safe to say they fall under the same species subgrouping.